Since I’m well over half way done with my 3rd Whole30, I’ve accumulated a few favorites to help me survive as easily as possible as a busy mom on the go. These products are my whole30 must have’s to help me get from home to work to the gym to the babysitter’s and back again without breaking from my whole30 foods and snacks.
The absolute biggest pit fall you can find yourself in during Whole30 is not being prepared. Today was a perfect example of that for me. I ran out to get gas in my car, go to the grocery, Verizon, and then Home Goods. By the time I was in the Home Goods checkout line, I was having a full blown hanger attack. I was SO tempted to buy something in the checkout line but talked myself off the ledge with the promise of my Consider It Joy Baking Paleo Chili as soon as I got home. Normally I keep RX bars in my computer bag or purse with me at all times but I had just eaten the last one in my purse. #Fail
These products would be my Whole30 staples list without question. Although the below list doesn’t include the obvious of fruits, veggies and meat…duh! These are the products you can use to add more flavor or snack on to help you keep your busy day running smoothly. These are my ride or die for being a busy mom on the go!
FYI you’re not supposed to snack very much on Whole30 unless you are breastfeeding or working out, but clearly I do work out several times a week so snacks are a MUST to fuel my body. I’d love to hear what your whole30 must haves are in the comments below so don’t forget to let me know if I’m missing something!
Whole 30 Must Have’s
- Nut Pods: This coffee creamer was new to me on this round of Whole30. My favorite is the vanilla. Don’t expect it to taste like your classic vanilla creamer but it sure as heck beats black coffee in my book! I almost always take a cup of coffee to go with me in the mornings with a splash of this in it. Delish!
- Ranch Dressing: If you love a creamy salad dressing, do yourself a favor and just go ahead and stock up on this before you get started! The Primal Kitchen brand tastes so good and creamy. I’d say along with this dressing, I almost always have prepared salad and avocados with me as well. Sometimes that’s my lunch meal right there…this dressing, avocado slices, and some lettuce.
- Tuna: One other thing I commonly add to said salad is a pouch of compliant tuna! I’ve found it at Aldi for under $.80! It’s affordable and can easily be toted with you wherever you end up eating lunch that day.
- Califia Farms Almond Milk: In case you don’t want to pay the high price for Nut Pods, Califia Farms is always a back up option, plus it’s readily accessible at Target, Publix, and many stores.
- Ghee: Ghee is a type of clarified butter. Say what? I know, right??? I had to look it up too. It means butter that has had the milk fat rendered in order to separate the milk solids and the water from the butter fat. The butter fat, with the removed milk solids and water, is ghee. Since ghee has the milk solids removed, it is dairy free and therefore Whole30 A-OK. We use it a lot to sautee veggies or to cook our eggs in.
- La Croix: La Croix was an acquired taste for me. I really had to train myself to like it, but now that I’ve found the blackberry cucumber, our whole family is a fan! I also like most of the multiple flavor kinds now and the coconut. It’s worth it when you’re wanting something fizzy if it keeps you away from your soda, trust me!
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes: This is another new staple in my Whole30 arsenal after this round. One of my favorite snacks right now is either apple slices or blueberries with almond butter and coconut flakes. Sometimes, I’ll even eat the coconut flakes plain or on a spoon with the almond butter!
- Almond Butter: Almond butter is my jam during whole30 and I think it tastes good enough to eat any time. I think the Justin’s brand is the best I’ve had so far…it’s the creamiest but by all means if you know of another one let me know! Just make sure you check the jar to make sure there’s no sugar added. Whenever you see this on sale at Publix, stock up! Those of you that follow me on Instagram stories know I bought 2 jars last week.
- Epic Bars: These hit the spot when you want some beef jerky or honestly when you’re in a hurry and just need something convenient to tote with you. The hubs doesn’t love these but I think when I eat them I’m usually so hungry that I’m all about them. Now, I don’t know that I’d choose them over jerky after whole30, but who knows…stranger things have happened!
- RX Bar: If you’ve heard me say I love RX Bars once, you’ve heard me say it a million times. These are all natural protein bars that have all-natural ingredients, no added sugar, no preservatives and “NO B.S.” as their tagline says. 😉
In case you missed how I prepped for Whole 30, Week 1, or Week 2 make sure to catch up! And, if y’all haven’t joined the Life Well Loved Facebook group yet, make sure to do so HERE! It’s a great place to connect with other women/moms and give each other accountability for whole30 or even just shoot the breeze about what to wear. It’s all in there, although right now the major focus is whole30…any conversation is welcome! PLUS you know I’ll be doing another Facebook Live today…so tune in at 1:30 pm CST!
PS Don’t miss this Whole30 approved Prosciutto Breakfast Bake recipe from my girl, Molly from Stilettos & Diapers. I can’t wait to try it this month!
Don’t forget to join up with these awesome girls to get more Whole 30 recipe ideas + inspiration! You can use #Whole30Jan on Instagram to find the bloggers I’m teaming up with on this Whole 30 challenge.
Photos: Casey Marie Photography
(Affiliate links included.)
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!