During Whole30, I wanted a good game day food that satisfied my craving for something good and bite-sized. With the ultimate big game coming up this Sunday, I thought it would be a perfect time to share these Whole30 Sweet Potato Bun Sliders. Even if you aren’t eating paleo or Whole30 foods, this is a delicious appetizer that’s also super filling with the guacamole, beef, and sweet potatoes!
The great thing about this recipe is you can customize it however you would like! The basics you need for this recipe are beef, sweet potato buns and then honestly, you can use whatever toppings appeal to you and your crowd. I started off with PRE Brands 100% grass fed beef and you guys, I am newly obsessed with this company. I just learned about them by doing Whole30. Not only is their beef high quality, but their packaging is completely transparent as well so you can see the quality of the beef on EVERY side. It’s so nice to rest easy that the food you are eating is high-quality without all the additives and I love that the PRE brand is committed to that. If you live in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, or San Francisco (just to name a few), you can also order them through AmazonFresh!
I met up with my blogging friend and photographer Brittany to shoot these Whole30 Sweet Potato Bun Sliders and she said even though she doesn’t typically eat like this, she really loved the flavors and thought it was really good! So, see? You can enjoy delicious food even if you aren’t used to eating paleo or Whole30!
Whole30 Sweet Potato Bun Sliders:
- 1 lb PRE Brands ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tomato
- 1 small red onion
- Guacamole or Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo
- Combine beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form in small patties and set aside. (Number and size will depend on the number of sweet potato slices you have.)
- Slice sweet potatoes into ¼-1/2 inch thick slices.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave. In a small bowl, toss sweet potato slices in coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes (flipping half-way through). Edges should be slightly crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, grill the burgers on a grill pan or grill. Place patties on a well-heated grill/pan flipping after 3-4 minutes, and cook until desired doneness.
- Slice toppings like red onion and tomato.
- Assemble burgers, placing a mini burger in between two roasted sweet potato slices.
- Garnish burgers with arugala, red onion, and guacamole or mayo and your desired toppings.
If you want to buy compliant guacamole or just top with avocado, feel free or you can make my famous Garlicky Guacamole! Although if you top your sliders with the garlicky guacamole, you may want to use less garlic in your burger patties. If you want to use the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo, you can find it on Amazon as well to give your burgers a little kick. I love the versatility this recipe offers and how healthy it is!
Yum! I’m doing Whole30 as well and made Buffalo Wings last weekend- they turned out so well! I’ll probably make them for game day as well since it’s our last day!
Good for you, Katie! It’s such a game changer, isn’t it. You’re making me crave buffalo wings now. 🙂
These look incredible!!
Thank you so much, Ashley!
Yum! I will definitely have to try this when I start Whole 30. Still reading through the book to know what to prep for, haha!
xo Amanda John
You have no idea how much I love sweet potato.
This looks WAY too good!!!
This looks so delicious. I love sweet potato. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Rita | http://www.styleroundtheclock.com
I so need to start the whole 30. These look and sound really yummy.
Hot dang I would eat so many of those
Now this is an idea I can get into! Love the sweet potato bun spin on this!!
Such a good idea! I did Whole30 last month but still trying to keep the habits I learned going! xx
My biggest struggle on whole 30 was finding new and interesting recipes. Going to try this one out!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
this could almost make me want to try whole 30 haha!!
Sandy a la Mode
I’ve never tried Whole 30 but I think I’m up for the challenge! These little sliders look so cute!! I don’t eat meat but I can see adapting this to work with a homemade veggie patty. I know my husband would want this version though 😉
Have Need Want
I would’ve never thought to use a sweet potato has a sub for a bun…. this actually looks so awesome! I want to try whole 30 one day and will have to try this!