The Curry Chicken Salad Recipe Post was originally published in February 2016 and updated in July 2020.
SHOP The Curry Chicken Salad Recipe HERE: Glass Bowl // Forks // Green Towel
Looking for a quick salad recipe? Scroll down for this delicious curry chicken salad recipe!
Curry chicken salad just might be my love language, seriously! I love curry. And I also love dark meat chicken (thighs specifically). Furthermore, I love feeding my people and making people happy with food. Boom. And the biggest compliment that I got from this meal: Eric asked if he could retain some of the leftovers for lunch the following day. Winning! Check out this delicious recipe and I guarantee you’ll get the same reaction!
I know that one of the hardest things about preparing meals for yourself or your family is coming up with ideas! That’s why I put together 6 weeks of healthy lunch ideas for you! Completely FREE. Yep, you heard me. For the next 6 weeks, I’ve got your lunches covered! I’m sharing all my favorite low carb, low macro, and regular macro lunch options that fit in with the FASTer Way To Fat Loss program (or just a healthy lifestyle). And don’t worry, if you’re unfamiliar with low carb, low macro, and regular macro meals, I explain everything! Drop your email in the box below, and thank me later!
Now, let’s get to that recipe!
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe:
- Package of chicken thighs (about a pound)
- A small container of Oikos Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Half a cup of light mayonnaise
- Small can of sliced water chestnuts
- Half a cup of crushed pistachios
- Red curry powder (to season chicken with and to add to the dip once ingredients are combined)
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat both sides of chicken thighs with red curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until the spices are visible on the meat. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes (or until done).
- Remove chicken thighs from the baking sheet and allow it to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, place shelled pistachios in a plastic zip-top bag, Cover the Ziploc bag with a hand towel. Pound with a mallet or canned good in your pantry till they are in small pieces.
- Dice water chestnuts.
- Once cooled, shred or chop the chicken
- Combine shredded chicken with mayo and Greek yogurt and stir. Add in additional curry powder and cumin, more garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stir in pistachios and water chestnuts until well combined.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least an hour and serve.
Total Calories: 1164
Carbohydrates: 48.6 grams
Fat: 78.6 grams
Protein: 64.4 grams
Finally, thanks so much to Jamie Mcfaden who contributed this curry chicken salad recipe to our SB 50 Party! If you want another healthy chicken salad recipe, check out my Avocado & Cilantro Chicken Salad!
I have times when I crave chicken salad, too! It’s definitely one of my favorite lunch options! I love your twist with the curry and pistachios. I have these ingredients in my kitchen now, and I’m dying to give it a try! Cue another craving…
Hi Blair! Me too. I love trying all different kinds. Let me know if you try it out. 🙂
This looks so delicious! Would be a great lunch option!
Sounds delicious! I love curried chicken, so this is a must try dip for me! Love the pistachios for the crunch!