The Avocado Chicken Salad Post Was Originally Published in October 2013 And Updated In January 2021.
SHOP The Avocado Chicken Salad Post HERE: White Dining Bowl
I don’t know how to break it to my longtime friend chicken salad, but there’s a new kid in town. I always loved chicken salad with soft grapes, crunchy nuts, minimal mayo, and delicious hunks of chicken. I mean, it’s a classic. How do you not love it?
That’s what I thought until this recipe waltzed right into my life via Pinterest obviously….this chicken salad has lime, cilantro, and avocado in it! So much greeny goodness I can barely stand it!
This is the perfect simple recipe to include in your weekly meal plan for lunch or dinner! Do you need help honing your meal planning skills? I’ve got you, sista friend! You can snag my complete guide to meal planning (for a discount) HERE!
I can’t say enough good about this chicken salad recipe. And the hubs verdict? Well, I could barely understand what he was saying about it because he couldn’t put it down long enough to tell me initially. Yes, it’s that good, and different and refreshing and with minimum mayo relatively healthy. Read on to learn how you can make recipe too, and to see the macro count!
Adapted from here.
Avocado Chicken Salad With Lime And Cilantro
- 1-2 cups shredded cooked chicken (depending on how large of a batch you want)
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Shred chicken and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Dice avocados into medium-sized pieces. Mix with 1 tbsp of the lime juice, and season avocado with salt to taste.
- Thinly slice the green onion and finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix mayo and 1 tbsp lime juice to make the dressing.
- Add sliced green onions and dressing to shredded chicken.
- Toss until all the chicken is coated with dressing.
- Add avocado and any lime juice in the bottom of the bowl and lastly add the chopped cilantro and gently mix into the salad until combined.
Macros (calculated using 1 cup of chicken):
What is your favorite way to spice up your chicken salad?