Thank you to Cirkul for partnering with me on this post about ways to keep kids hydrated!
When it comes to the health and well-being of our kids, it is important to remember the basics like hydration, movement and sleep! Just like I preach for us as adults, it is vital for kids to stay hydrated for these core reasons:
- Growth and development
- Cognitive function
- Temperature regulation
- Digestive health
- Immune system support
I love finding brands with the same passion for hydration and overall health and wellness. Cirkul, a brand created to help you with drinking more water, offers a wide variety of water bottles and flavored add-ins. Cirkul’s goal is to make drinking water more convenient and fun, with delicious flavor cartridges that taste just as good as they make you feel!
Cirkul recently launched their first ever kids line called, Wild Splash! Cirkul’s Wild Splash is a fun way to excite your littles to drink more water alongside you with six delicious flavors featuring fruity blends & fun animal pals that they will love! Watch your kids go wild for water with this magical taste experience.
You can bet Cirkul’s Wild Splash! Sip Cartridge will be amongst my top tips to keep your kids hydrated! As a mom of 2 boys, we are always refilling and refueling after sweaty outside play dates, soccer games, and frog and lizard hunting! Over the last few years, these 12 tips have helped me build reminders to keep them hydrated!
12 Ways To Keep Your Kids Hydrated:
1. Set A Good Example – It’s no surprise that kids learn by example. Make it a habit to drink YOUR water regularly, and your kids are more likely to do the same. If you need help, be sure to check out my FREE water tracker here!
2. Try Cirkul’s Wild Splash Sip Cartridges – Such a fun way to hydrate! With delicious flavors, no sugar, no artificial colors, and sweetened with stevia – it’s a drink both mom and kiddo can love! Wild Splash’s six new flavors include: Alligator Apple, Bear Berry, Parrot Punch, Shark Strawberry, Lion Lemon Lime, & Gecko Grape. Click HERE to check them out!
3. Offer Water Throughout The Day – We always have water readily available for the boys whether we are on the go or at home. I try to encourage them to drink water throughout the day, not just when they’re thirsty or at a meal.
4. Make Sure They Have Their Water Bottle With Them Everywhere –This one likely seems like a no-brainer but the boys know when we leave the house that they need to have their water in hand. This helps us stay hydrated on the go, especially at school, soccer games, church activities, and play dates.
5. Make It Fun! – To make drinking water more appealing, it can be fun to add in slices of fruit (e.g., lemon or berries) for a hint of flavor. You can also use fun, colorful cups or reusable straws.
6. Monitor Activity Levels – When kids are active, they need more fluids to replace what they lose through sweat. Ensure they drink water before, during, and after physical activity. You can see the scary story of little ones overheating in THIS post.
7. Be Mindful of Weather – Hot and humid weather increases the risk of dehydration. If you are in the Southern states, like us, we have to really monitor and pay extra attention to the boys’ fluid intake!
8. Limit Sugary Drinks – Sugary drinks like soda and fruit juices can contribute to dehydration and in general aren’t the best for your kiddo’s overall health. We try to limit Leyton and Finn’s consumption of sugary drinks and prioritize water as the go-to beverage. In the instance where they want juice, we typically offer a 50% juice + 50% water option to dilute the sugar!
9. Save Special Drinks For Special Occasions – We let the boys have a soda every year on Christmas Day! I know it sounds silly but it’s a super fun tradition and it’s a special treat they look forward to. This is a way we help keep these “special splurges” for special days rather than enjoying them year round.
10. Educate Your Child – One of my biggest tips is to openly talk about hydration and health with your kids! Helping them learn the WHY is crucial and having that knowledge will empower them to make healthier choices!
11. Make It A Family Challenge – The boys know my daily water goal because I talk about it often and they see me drinking water each day! We will make it a challenge to see who can finish their water goal first each day!
12. Talk About Habit Stacking – Ultimately, daily hydration is one piece of the big puzzle when it comes to our overall health and wellness! One thing I talk about a lot is HABIT STACKING! After you have the foundation built of consistently hydrating, it is time to stack on a new healthy habit such as moving our bodies, getting a good night’s sleep, or taking our vitamins each day.
I encourage you to make DAILY HYDRATION a healthy foundation for you and your kids to build upon. Once you nail your hydration goal, start habit stacking as a family! Don’t forget to head HERE to stock up on Cirkul’s products to help you and the kids stay hydrated as a family.