One of mine and Eric’s favorite events to host our annual wine and cheese party! While we always do a huge spread of the finest cheeses, meats, crackers and more, this past year we decided to introduce these DELICIOUS Boozy Champagne Jell-O shots since the party was right around my birthday. It’s safe to say they were a hit!
Not only were these shots the perfect, sparkly ode to my birthday celebration but also a fun way to kick off the party. We made them the day before the party and set them in the freezer so they would be done in time. As soon as everybody started to arrive, we made sure to get them out to kick off the party in style. It turned out to be so much fun and everybody loved them!
To make these Jello-O shots, we, of course, used my favorite Blue Chair Bay Rum recipe. Blue Chair Bay Rum is one of my favorite rums because they are lower calorie and it’s hard to find a rum cream under 100 calories! You can see other recipes I’ve used with their rums HERE!
All The Glitter
In addition to Blue Chair Bay Rum, we also used a favorite bottle of champagne. However, we later found out we could have purchased a champagne WITH GLITTER IN IT! Another option is edible glitter I found on Amazon!
These Jell-O squares would be fun for any kind of birthday party or wedding shower, especially if your party has a sparkly, gold theme! If you’re looking for more party and hostessing tips, you can check out these posts! You can read all about our best tips for building the BEST charcuterie board HERE!
I have shared here the easiest way to make a charcuterie board all by yourself! If charcuterie boards aren’t your things, do not fear! These Caprese Salad Skewers would make the perfect appetizer too!
With parties comes the fun of hosting. For some, that can be very stressful. Lucky for you, I have compiled a list of my hosting tips, which have saved me when it comes to hosting!
Looking To Simplify The Holidays?
Holidays can be hard. They can be stressful, especially for us busy moms. I have brought you over 20 easy holiday hacks made for this season! These holiday hacks are perfect for simplifying this holiday season and not overcomplicating the many events happening. From simple recipes to using an Amazon wishlist to taking advantage of free shipping days, I have YOU covered! Click HERE to find out what my top 20 holiday hacks are!
Have you heard me share about my Holiday Planner For The Busy Mom?
If not, I created a complete holiday planner to give you resources, recipes, tips and tricks that you can enjoy the entire fall and winter season–so you can host more parties with glittery jello shots! Yeah, mama!
Seriously, I believe that there are specific steps we can take to allow us to slow down, and soak up this upcoming season. I want you to savor the memories you are making with your families, instead of falling into the trap of running yourself ragged trying to get everything done.
So….. I cooked up just that: something to come alongside you during this season. We’re talking…
- An easy-peasy, painless method to map out and plan ahead for the rest of your holiday season
- Thoughtful questions and real talk about HOW to choose your priorities and let the rest go
- Delicious recipes, including our fave Christmas cookie
- Activities for your kids
- Wellness challenges you can join me on
- Memory verses
- My hack for simplifying gift giving
- And more!
It was a MLWL community FAVORITE last year, and I can’t wait to see how you use this playbook! Click here to check it out!
SHOP Our Favorite Barware, Hostess Gifts, & More HERE:
Boozy Champagne Jell-O Squares
- 3 tbsp Blue Chair Bay White Rum
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 box gelatin plain
- 2 1/2 cups brut sparkling wine or champagne
- Combine champagne, club soda and sugar in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on top.
- Let gelatin soften for about two minutes to bloom, then heat mixture over low heat. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 2 to 3minutes, and remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup each of champagne and rum.
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into mold and chill for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Invert jello to parchment paper-lined cutting board and slice into squares and serve cold.