Keep reading to get all my best holiday hosting tips!
We are in the depths of Q4, and if y’all have been following along on Instagram, you’ll know we are going through it over here! Boxes arrive daily with items I need for shooting sponsored content, we’re busy planning holiday parties and get togethers, decorating the house and attempting to keep it clean…ALL the things, y’all.
As we head further into the holiday season, parties and entertaining will be in full swing before we know it! This means we’ll be needing to put a plan in action for how we’re going to host in our home.
Planning parties and keeping the house clean with little ones running around isn’t always easy, as I’m sure you fellow mamas know! In fact, it can be downright stressful, am I right? However, being stressed is so NOT what this time of year is all about. I’ve talked a lot about being stress-free and intentional this season (and I talk more in-depth about it in my The Busy Mom’s Holiday Planner!)
There are so many great resources for hosting an event at your house. But today, I wanted to share my best tips with y’all on how I’m rocking my hostess role this season!
Holiday Hosting Tips:
- Keep things simple. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel to make your holiday entertaining feel special and festive. Put out some holiday scented candles, basic holiday decor and some great Christmas tunes and your guests will feel right at home!
- Make sure your guest bathroom is clean and stocked with everything guests will need to…do what they need to do, so to speak. We love dressing up our guest bathroom even just the tiniest bit with some festive decor so the theme flows throughout the home.
- Make a plan! You’ll be way less stressed if you’ve got your holiday party all planned out in advance. Plans can often go awry so prepare to be flexible but having even just a vague idea of how you want things to go can be SO helpful! The Busy Mom’s Holiday Planner is the best place to do ALL your holiday planning!
- Holiday entertaining means feeding people ALL the yummy things. I love getting our food from local places around BHAM to help support all the small businesses I love.
- When all is said and done, make clean up a breeze – use products that smell amazing and will make you want to get clean up done. Then, corral everything in one place! This white caddy from Grove is the perfect size for all your dishwashing essentials.
- Speaking of clean up – there is sure to be leftovers and that’s totally okay! Store them in reusable containers and send them home with your guests as a pseudo party favor!
- If kids are going to be involved, create a special place just for them! Set out kid-friendly finger food & drinks, set them up with some festive coloring pages or other activities and keep them just as entertained as the grown ups!
Holiday hosting pro tip: Stock up on all your holiday hosting needs like paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies with Grove Collaborative. Since Grove ships everything to your doorstep on your schedule, you’ll never have to make a last-minute dash to the grocery store for napkins when guests are on their way!
Right now, when you shop through this link, first time customers will receive a FREE gift with purchase! Here’s what you’ll receive:
- Grove Co. Glass Concentrate
- Grove Co. Reusable Spray Bottle
- Grove Co. Multi-Purpose Concentrate
- Grove Co. Reusable Spray Bottle
- Grove Co. Scrubber Sponges
- Free Shipping & VIP Trial