This post on Intermittent Fasting: Fasting 16 Hours A Day was originally published in September 2019 and updated in May 2022.
Keep scrolling for my tips on fasting 16 hours a day!
Have you tried my 21 Days of Intermittent Fasting challenge? If not, you should check it out and learn more about the fascinating benefits of Intermittent Fasting! Send me a DM over on Instagram if you’d like to chat Intermittent Fasting!
If you haven’t heard of Intermittent Fasting or aren’t convinced you should try it (of course, check with your doctor first!), check out this article on CNN to learn more! It can be a great way to kickstart weight loss as needed and as long as it’s approved by your doctor!
What I Break My Fast With
This is what I break my fast with! Use code: HEATHER for $10 off your first order
I love using TRIM to break my fast because it contains zero sugar, it’s gluten-free and it has no dairy. That combo makes this a great start to my day of healthy eating while kick-starting my metabolism at the same time.
Benefits of TRIM:
- Accelerates fat reduction & improves muscle tone
- Restores youthful looking skin
- Supports joint, muscle fitness and connective tissue health
- & supports healthy hair, nails, gums and eyes!
My Experience With INTERMITTENT FASTING + FASTER WAY TO FAT LOSS:
Left – October 2018 // Right – March 2019
I saw MAJOR results from starting Intermittent Fasting with my HomeFit Trainer, Matt, back in November 2018. I was 3 months postpartum and ready to work toward getting my health and fitness routine back on track. As you will see in the photo above, I saw major results with just adding in Intermittent Fasting and starting to workout again once I was cleared by my doctor.
Left – Starting FWTFL // Right – 3 Months Of FWTFL
While Intermittent Fasting did produce AMAZING results, I really started burning fat and seeing MAJOR results once I started carb cycling and counting macros with FASTer Way To Fat Loss! My overall fat percentage has dropped drastically and I truly attribute it to the unique combo of Intermittent Fasting + FWTFL + HomeFit Workouts mixed with Burn Bootcamp Workouts!
Want To Try FASTer Way To Fat Loss?
If you saw results with Intermittent Fasting but are still looking for something to get your booty in shape or feel better about yourself overall, I strongly encourage you to take a chance with FWTFL! A new round starts SOON with my sweet friend and coach, Miranda! Click HERE for the date!
When starting a “new round of FWTFL”, you ultimately are getting 6 weeks of focused nutrition coaching. This means you could be in the best shape of your life and have health and wellness knowledge that will last you a lifetime in just 6 weeks! And I promise you won’t miss out on treats or carbs or anything delicious!
HOW I AM FASTING 16 HOURS & NOT STARVING!
When I first started, and even still today, I get the question of HOW do you not starve when you are fasting that long?! I am sharing tips below!
1. Alternate water and coffee so you stay full! In addition to just plain old tap water, I really enjoy drinking Hint water and La Croix. As long as your coffee is under 50 calories, jump on that caffeine train! Click HERE for my favorite coffee creamers that WON’T break your fast! AFTER breaking your fast, I’d encourage you to try out some of these macro-friendly options!
2. Keep yourself busy. I have found that throwing myself into work or playing with the boys to keep my mind off of being hungry is vital for my success! If I’m not keeping myself busy, I am more tempted to break my fast early. Don’t fall into that trap! Try to schedule your errands for those hours in the morning when you’re still fasting. You won’t think so much about being hungry if you’re busy!
3. Exercise. Going for a light walk or jog, running around a little outside with your kids, going for a swim or light lifting at the gym are all amazing ways to keep your mind off of being hungry! I wouldn’t recommend shooting for a huge workout if you are just getting started with Intermittent Fasting. However, as you build stamina toward fasted workouts, you might find you love working out in a fasted state! Click HERE to get my 4 tips for exercising while Intermittent Fasting!
4. Write in a journal, read a book, or spend some time with the Lord. Take your mind off of hunger by journaling about how this whole experience is growing you and empowering you. Open up your devotional and spend some time with the Lord. Read about His mercies and grace and give yourself some of that grace at the very start of your day.
5. Tackle a problem or chore. What a better way to get your day started than by doing some chores early? I always think this is such an amazing way to start the day. You’ll work up an appetite by cleaning or doing laundry and it will make breaking your fast all that much sweeter!