This Chicken Pasta Bake recipe is the one dish I’m most famous for. It is a fabulous filling and hearty meal for cold winter nights! The thick melted cheese, spongy noodles and savory spinach marry together to make a beautiful dish.
The Spinach & Chicken Pasta Bake recipe is also great to take to new moms, someone who is sick and needs some cheering up or to serve at a dinner party because it has a nice presentation, is filling and usually there are leftovers to enjoy.
Not only does this recipe look pretty in a casserole dish for serving, but it makes your whole house smell warm and inviting.
If you are here from Pinterest, please follow my boards here; would love to share with you on my favorite addiction!! I’m proud to say this Chicken Pasta Bake recipe has been pinned well over a MILLION times. Talk about popular!
I must tell you, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we are having company over. It’s tried & true and from the kitchen of my friend, Jessica’s mom. She found it in a Southern Living magazine back in 2007.
I love this dish for company because you can cook & chop the chicken as well as cutting up several other ingredients in advance plus it has beautiful presentation. Added bonus: I frequently get asked for the recipe.
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake Recipe:
Hope you all enjoy this Spinach & Chicken Pasta Bake dish, too!
This recipe is my go to for bringing to friends and family when they need a good casserole. Last time I made it, I substituted the noodles for whole wheat and I’ve even omitted the onion for nursing mommies. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Need a cute kitchen themed gift to go with your dish? Check out the pretties below!
Love this recipe? Please pin it or share on Facebook!
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!