This Chicken Pasta Bake recipe is the one dish I’m most famous for. It has a fabulous filling and is a hearty meal for cold winter nights! The thick, melted cheese, savory noodles and spinach marry together to make a beautiful meal.
Not only does this recipe look pretty in a casserole dish for serving, but it makes your whole house smell warm and inviting.
This recipe is also great to take to new moms or someone who is sick and needs some cheering up. It’s a regular part of my meal planning rotation, and once you try it, I have a feeling it will be a part of yours too!
I must tell you, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we are having company over. I love to serve this at a dinner party because it has a nice presentation, is filling and usually there are leftovers to enjoy. You can cook & chop the chicken as well as cutting up several other ingredients in advance plus it has beautiful presentation. Added bonus: I frequently get asked for the recipe. It’s tried & true and from the kitchen of my friend, Jessica’s mom. She found it in a Southern Living magazine back in 2007.
If you love Pinterest, you can follow my boards here; I would love to share with you all my favorite things! I’m proud to say this Chicken Pasta Bake recipe has been pinned well over a MILLION times. Talk about popular!
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake Recipe:
Hope you all enjoy this Spinach & Chicken Pasta Bake dish, too!
This recipe is my go to for bringing to friends and family when they need a good casserole. Last time I made it, I substituted the noodles for whole wheat and I’ve even omitted the onion for nursing mommies. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 14 oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 oz container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Macros Per Serving:
- Calories / Serving : 2326 / 4 = 581.5
- Fat / Serving : 100g / 4 = 25
- Carbs / Serving : 237g / 4 = 59.25
- Protein / Serving : 112g / 4 = 28
- Fiber / Serving : 25g / 4 = 6.25
- Sugar / Serving : 34g / 4 = 8.5