Cauliflower, Shmauliflower is what I always thought….until NOW! I have loathed this veggie and loved to hate it since I was a child. It is basically the arch nemesis veggie in my eyes. We are not friends cauliflower and I. Or at least, I thought we weren’t. My mind started to open up when I saw others pinning it as a fake out mashed potato and as fake out casseroles, so I decided in the name of healthier eating to give this enemy another shot and come up with this delicious cauliflower casserole recipe!
The hubs made this cauliflower casserole recipe for us one night this week. Seriously, I’m a lucky girl that he’s willing to cook for me. This recipe did take a little bit of work between cooking the chicken, steaming the cauliflower and chopping up the ingredients but man, it was well worth it. I gave it a thumbs up which I didn’t necessarily think that I would and even the hubs liked it!
We were shocked by how much we liked this cauliflower casserole recipe. In fact, we plan on making it again!! I hope you guys enjoy this loaded casserole dish that feels like a cheat but isn’t really that bad as much as we did! The recipe has so much yummy goodness in it that the cauliflower just takes on the other flavors and becomes much more mild. Do any of you have any other cauliflower recipes you’d recommend I try?
Cauliflower Casserole Recipe via Rachel Schultz
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
1 package cauliflower
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 bundle green onions, sliced
4 ounces bacon pieces
1/8 t garlic power
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine cheeses in a large bowl. Remove ¼ of cheese and set aside. Stir chicken, green onions, bacon, and garlic powder into remaining cheese.
- Stir cauliflower into cheese mixture and season with salt & pepper. Pour into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Top with additional cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.