Keep scrolling to see the Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew With Potatoes Recipe below!
For those that don’t know, I did a 45 day cleanse after it was recommended to me by my chiropractor, Dr. John, from Archetype Health. The cleanse was focused on 7 key exclusions:
- No dairy
- No gluten
- No sugar
- No processed food
- No coffee
- No alcohol
I did the cleanse because (in Dr. John’s words), I needed to dampen inflammation and stabilize my glucose and also give my body a rest from the many things we consume in our modern diet. Many of y’all know, I did Whole30 every January for many years as a way to hit the reset button and reprioritize clean eating.
While I don’t commit to Whole30 every January anymore, I believe the combo of FASTer Way To Fat Loss along with intermittent fasting, and an occasional cleanse can take the place of the annual Whole30. This allows me to not be as restrictive and since I am all about BALANCE (in all areas of life), I tend to gravitate to this approach in my health journey.
My friend Laura, from Walking In Memphis In High Heels, shared with me the best crockpot recipe. For my FWTFL ladies, it was made with you in mind! Her Sweet Potato & Sausage Crockpot Hash just sounds amazing, especially as the temps drop and fall begins! Click HERE to get her recipe!
Let me get back on track… During the 45 day cleanse, I wanted something hearty, healthy, full of real foods, nothing processed, nothing with crazy ingredients, and something I could easily throw into a crockpot to save me time! Don’t we all need a shortcut in the kitchen?
If you are a busy mom and you’re looking for more recipes that we love that check the box for being SIMPLE and EASY, I recommend my clean eating 101 guide for meal planning! You can click HERE to learn more about the meal planning ebook (only $9.99!) or download my FREE FALL MEAL PLAN here!
Get The Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew With Potatoes Recipe HERE:
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker
- 1.5-2 pounds stew beef meat roughly chopped into 1-1 ½ inch cubes
- 1 pound baby blond potatoes halved or quartered
- 1 pound carrots peeled and roughly chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2.5-3 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved into 2 tbsp water to thicken optional
- 1.5 cups chopped green beans optional
- Place in all ingredients into the slow cooker, except for the peas. Stir to combine everything and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the frozen peas and stir to mix into the stew. If you want to add the thickener, whisk it into the slow cooker at this time. Cover with the lid and let the peas heat through.
- Add any additional salt to taste, and serve with additional chopped parsley if desired.