This post is in partnership with Red Diamond. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I was thinking about what type of recipe I wanted to create and asked you for suggestions, many of you said three things:
- Slow Cooker Friendly
- Low Carb
This recipe checks all of those boxes and is perfect for your Labor Day BBQ, game day party this fall, or low carb dinner during FWTFL! The next round of FWTFL for those that have been asking is next Monday, September 9th and you can get more info HERE!
This recipe is a spin on Jalapeño Poppers – a fan favorite appetizer over in our house! Instead of the focus being on stuffing the jalapeños, it is the same flavors in a crockpot with chicken! The jalapeños provide the perfect amount of heat and the cheese brings that melted, gooey goodness!
All the best flavors without all the carbs and easy to make in the slow cooker! This recipe takes about 20 minutes max to prepare and then you just set it and forget it! 😉
Is it any surprise that I have paired this delicious slow cooker jalapeño popper chicken recipe with my favorite sweet tea?! If you are surprised, remember I’m from the south and Red Diamond sweet tea goes with EVERY meal!
You might remember around this time a couple years ago, I paired the sweet tea with a Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe that is TO DIE FOR. It is a lightened up version with an ingredient you will never guess and is so yummy on game day! You can click HERE for that recipe or click the image below!
Many of you already know just how much we love Red Diamond. From their teas to coffee, it is all a staple in our home! Anytime we are hosting supper club, birthday parties, or a BBQ like this one, we always grab Red Diamond from the refrigerator section at our local grocery store to serve to our friends and family — not only because of its convenience but also because we love the taste!! Red Diamond uses only the purest tea blends and has an unbeatable flavor. Be sure to CLICK HERE to find where you can snag Red Diamond at a store near you!
We feel good about serving and drinking Red Diamond because it is first and foremost delicious, but we like that it is made with simple ingredients—just water, sugar and tea leaves! I love drinking their unsweet tea when I am trying to cut back on sugar/carbs and indulging in the sweet stuff when I want to treat myself! Even though I consider it a “treat”, it is still clean ingredients and helps hydrate!
Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (feel free to make this easy and use frozen)
- 1 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¾ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- ½ Cup Crispy Bacon, Chopped
- 3-4 Jalapeno Peppers
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker.
- Season with taco seasoning and cumin.
- Wash the jalapeños, cut off the stems, remove the seeds if you want it milder or leave if you would like a spicier dish.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers into small pieces, reserving one to garnish.
- Mix the jalapeños with the cream cheese.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture onto chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Top with bacon, cheddar cheese, and additional sliced jalapeños.
- Cover & cook an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.