Let me first of all say that I wish my food photography was on point, but sadly this is what we’re working with y’all. But, hey you get the recipe, so that’s all that really matters, right?! 😉
After so many of you fell in love with my Whole30 White Chicken Chili recipe, I knew I had to share this simple whole30 and paleo chicken soup with you as well. As you know if you follow my Instagram stories, I’ve come down with a cold and for some reason when we are all sick, nothing sounds better than chicken soup.
Since we’ve been on vacation in Colorado and eating so much junk, I wanted to have my soup but also not feel bad about it. That’s when I remembered this soup I made while doing Whole30, and thought…why not make that?
Many of you have asked me about doing a post on our Colorado trip, so I promise that is coming! We had an absolute blast and were so excited to see TONS of SNOW and in fact, ended up driving through a blizzard. Praise the Lord my friend Kelley is experienced in driving through snow and kept us safe even though we slid a few times.
So back to the whole30 chicken soup recipe…this soup is both comforting, fairly simple, and makes lots of leftovers. I’d highly recommend serving it to a crowd, surprising your neighbors with the extra or freezing half for later. You can’t go wrong no matter what you choose!
Paleo Chicken Soup
- Rotisserie Chicken
- 6 carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large carton chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Cover rotisserie chicken just barely with water and let cook for 20 mins with 3 stalks of celery, 2-3 carrots carrots, sea salt and pepper. This will make extra chicken stock/broth for your soup.
- Dice carrots, celery, onion, and 2 potatoes while the stock is cooking.
- Use a colander or strainer and dump chicken and broth fixings into pot covered by colander.
- Place chicken broth back on stove and add diced vegetables and additional carton of broth as well as 2 cups of water to simmer.
- Deconstruct chicken into bite size chunks and add to soup.
- Add in Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper and garlic powder and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!