The Comforting Paleo Chicken Soup Post Was Originally Published In February 2018 And Updated In January 2021.
I love including this recipe in my weekly meal plan when I’m looking for something comforting and also clean. In case you missed it, I created a complete guide to meal planning for busy moms like you! Click HERE to check it out and snag it at a discounted price!
This soup is not only comforting, but also fairly simple, and makes lots of leftovers. I’d highly recommend serving it to a crowd, surprising your neighbors with the extra, or freezing half for later. You can’t go wrong no matter what you choose!
Paleo Chicken Soup Recipe:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- 6 carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large carton chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Cover rotisserie chicken just barely with water and let cook for 20 mins with 3 stalks of celery, 2-3 carrots carrots, sea salt and pepper. This will make extra chicken stock/broth for your soup.
- Dice carrots, celery, onion, and 2 potatoes while the stock is cooking.
- Use a colander or strainer and dump chicken and broth fixings into pot covered by colander.
- Place chicken broth back on stove and add diced vegetables and additional carton of broth as well as 2 cups of water to simmer.
- Deconstruct chicken into bite size chunks and add to soup.
- Add in Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper and garlic powder and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Macros (per one serving):
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 12.8 g
Carbs: 19.4 g