This Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe is the one dish I’m most famous for. It is a fabulous filling and hearty meal for cold winter nights! The thick melted cheese, spongy noodles and savory spinach marry together to make a beautiful dish.
The Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe is also great to take to new moms, someone who is sick and needs some cheering up or to serve at a dinner party because it has a nice presentation, is filling and usually there are leftovers to enjoy.
Not only does this recipe look pretty in a casserole dish for serving, but it makes your whole house smell warm and inviting.
If you are here from Pinterest, please follow my boards here; would love to share with you on my favorite addiction!! I’m proud to say this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe has been pinned well over a MILLION times. Talk about popular!
I must tell you, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we are having company over. It’s tried & true and from the kitchen of my friend, Jessica’s mom. She found it in a Southern Living magazine back in 2007.
I love this dish for company because you can cook & chop the chicken as well as cutting up several other ingredients in advance plus it has beautiful presentation. Added bonus: I frequently get asked for the recipe.
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake Recipe:
Hope you all enjoy this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake dish, too!
This recipe is my go to for bringing to friends and family when they need a good casserole. Last time I made it, I substituted the noodles for whole wheat and I’ve even omitted the onion for nursing mommies. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Need a cute kitchen themed gift to go with your dish? Check out the pretties below!
Love this recipe? Please pin it or share on Facebook!
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Want more of my most popular recipes? How about this Paleo White Chicken Chili or Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes?
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!