Keep scrolling to see our favorite hard seltzer cocktails and canned drinks!
Y’all loved my post on how to calculate macros when drinking alcohol so much! Because of that, I decided to do a part two for y’all! In case you missed that post though, fear not! You can go back and read it right HERE!
In that post, we learned that your body prioritizes metabolizing alcohol OVER metabolizing fat for up to 24 hours after we drink. So, what this means is that frequent alcohol consumption hinders our ability to be a fat burner. You shouldn’t be afraid to enjoy a drink or two from time to time but you’ve got to be smart about it if you’re tracking your macros. That post went ALL into how you can do that.
Something you might have noticed in that post is that it may be more beneficial to drink something like a seltzer or vodka with a sparkling water because those typically tend to be a lighter drink. We are BIG fans of seltzer around here. This past November when we were in Florida, we did a super fun little “seltzer off” where we put a bunch of hard seltzers in a bracket, put them up against each other and found the best one. This is also a really fun activity that we’ve done at the pool over the summer with friends!
I wanted to share some of the seltzers that we rounded up and what everyone thought about them so that y’all can make the most informed choice on your hard seltzer this summer!
Find My Favorite Water Bottles AND Barware HERE:
Drinking water is so important for overall health and wellness but especially when you are consuming alcohol, it is critical to increase your water intake to help your body process and flush out what you are putting in. Did you know the easiest way that I hack drinking 80-100+ ounces of water a day is through my FREE water tracker printable! You can download this freebie printable right now to kick start drinking more water on a daily basis!
One More Health Hack Before We Jump Into the Seltzers Review:
One of the easiest hacks that I’ve incorporated into my supplement routine are the Trim packets! Trim is a supplement you take each day to inhibit fat storage and improve muscle tone. Short version: Trim helps you maximize your workouts and healthy eatings habits to get the best results. Get $10 off with my code HEATHER to try it out!
Hard Seltzer Cocktails & Canned Drinks I’ve Tried & My Review:
- PRESS PREMIUM ALCOHOL SELTZER: My favorite of all the seltzers is probably Press Seltzer. Sadly, it’s actually a bit hard for me to find! It is NOT too sweet, it comes in sophisticated flavors and is PRESS is the only woman-owned seltzer among the top-10 brands in a now burgeoning beverage category. It comes in flavors like Blackberry Hibiscus, Pomegranate Ginger, Grapefruit Cardamom, Lime Lemongrass, Pineapple Basil, Pear Camomile and more!
- JUNE SHINE HARD KOMBUCHA: Honestly y’all…this was terrible in my opinion haha! The marketing sucked me right in on it. It says it is low sugar that it’s a hard kombucha. I don’t know if it was just the flavor I had or what, but the chili mango was kind of spicy and nobody that tried it liked it all that much. I think if I had tried a non-spicy flavor they have, I probably would have liked it. The rest of their flavors sound delish!
- HIGH NOON VODKA & SODA: Eric and I get these as a poolside go to! I know it’s not technically a seltzer but it’s a drinkable light drink in a can, so I figured I might as well include it. The pineapple, watermelon and peach are our favorites with watermelon ranking #1.
- TRULY HARD SELTZER: I know so many people like Truly but for me, they are just way too sweet. If you like sweet drinks, these will be right up your alley though! The tropical PUNCH package seemed to be a crowd favorite last summer on Instagram!
- CORONA HARD SELTZER: I do like the light Corona! But, I know that it’s more of a beer which not everyone may be a fan of. Corona does have their own seltzer, but I wasn’t crazy about it, personally. Again, if y’all are fans, let me know which flavor is your favorite!
- CUTWATER CANNED COCKTAILS: Again, not a seltzer but an easy grab and go can that’s lighter to take to the pool or beach. Eric and I really like these and anytime I see them I pretty much stock up for whatever upcoming event or trip we have coming!
- NARWATER CRAFT HARD SELTZER: During our “Seltzer off”, Narwater did not get very many votes. Nobody that tried this one liked it very much. Let me know if this is something y’all like! I’m so eager to hear what others think of the drinks I might not enjoy myself.
- VIZZY HARD SELTZER: When it comes to TRUE seltzers, since I can rarely find my Press seltzers listed above, I reach for these. They are SO GOOD. I have 2 girlfriends who would agree with me that these were the true winners of our seltzer off last summer!