This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetCheesy #CollectiveBias
The overwhelming response to my reader survey was that you guys want to see more healthy, quick recipes from me. Because let’s be honest when it comes to lots of ingredients & complicated recipes, “ain’t nobody got time for that!” That’s where this healthy and oh-so-delicious chicken kabobs recipe came from!
Save $1.25 off any Organic Valley Cheese with this offer!
I think part of the reason you guys want more recipes from me is because we always talk about healthy living here on the blog and on my social media and you know I’m too busy to deal with the complicated stuff, and yet too concerned with my health to eat crap.
That’s why I chose the Organic Valley cheddar cheese block from Publix as I showed you guys in my Instagram stories this week because all Organic Valley cheeses are certified organic and they never use antibiotics, synthetic hormones, toxic pesticides or GMOs. Whoop whoop! If you’d like to pick some up for this recipe, click to save $1.25 off any Organic Valley Cheese with this coupon!
As I’ve discussed before in my meal planning posts, I usually won’t make a recipe if it has more than 5-7 ingredients in it. I don’t count spices that are common and that we already have on hand, but I’ve found that typically if there’s fewer ingredients, it’s more all-natural and better for your wallet and your waistline.
Some of you had mentioned wanting lunch box recipes and kid-friendly recipes, so I created this recipe with that in mind. I also made it flexible so you can make it work for your family. For instance, if you had sausages the night before for dinner, you could just slice them up after the fact and put them on a skewer with the cheese and raw peppers without even having to cook anything for an additional meal.
Also, if you don’t want to fool with the skewers, you can just slice up all the ingredients and toss it in a bowl without having to go to the additional effort to thread the veggies and meat through on this chicken kabobs recipe. If you choose to use the skewers though, these could also make a great party food or appetizer!
As you know, it’s very important to me to feed my family as naturally as possible which is why we typically eat clean eating with a few occasional splurges. 🙂 For those of you who may be clean eating sticklers, feel free to grate additional cheese off the block.
- Avocado Oil to coat the grill pan
- 1 Package All-Natural Chicken Sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Pack Sweet Mini Peppers
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- ½ of Organic Valley Cheddar Block, cut into small bite-size pieces
- Organic Valley Shredded Mozzarella
- Bamboo Skewers (Optional)
- Coat your grill pan or skillet with enough avocado oil to cook in.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss sliced chicken sausage pieces into the pan and for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- When sausages are almost done, add mini peppers and season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- When peppers are starting to get soft and everything is almost completed, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top, stir and remove from heat.
- Thread the peppers, chicken sausage and cheese on the skewers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made a chicken kabobs recipe before? If so, what do you put on your skewer?