SHOP The Carb Conscious Crock Pot Chicken Recipe HERE: Top // Jeans // Bracelet // Necklace – use code HeATHER20 for 20% off // Lip Color // Crock-Pot // Kitchen Table and Chairs // Gold Frames // Glass Bowl // Turquoise Patio Chairs
Photos by Eric and Jamie Photo
Faster Way To Fat Loss is in FULL swing! It was my first time traveling this month while on the program and I have to say it is crazy how easy it was to maintain my macros while dining out every meal. I am all about splurging and balance in life but I was amazed by how I was able to stay somewhat on track amidst a fun weekend in Dallas!
The 5 Reasons To Start Faster Way To Fat Loss and Ultimate Faster Way To Fat Loss FAQ was such a hit! It has been so great sharing with y’all why I decided to start the program and what I am loving about it so far. So many of you have asked how the program is affecting my everyday life – energy, hunger, etc. I am actually feeling GREAT! I have also loved answering all your questions!
On the days we focus on fewer carbs, I try to pack my meals with protein and healthy fats. Even while nursing, I am still able to get full on these days and am surprised at how much I can eat. A few of my favorite carb-conscious snack ideas include:
- Beef Jerky
- Avocado Drizzled in Balsamic Vinegar or Olive Oil & Sea Salt or Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- HERDEZ® Salsa on just about anything! 😉
- Protein Shakes
- Protein Bars
- Trader Joe’s Crispbread
- Food Should Taste Good Chips has lower carbs than you’d think!
- Nut Butters
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- My coach also shared this AMAZING low carb dessert with me that I cannot wait to try!
Now that I have shared a few of my favorite snacks to get me through the lower carb days, I want to share my new go-to carb conscious crock pot chicken recipe! I am sure HERDEZ® Salsa is already a household staple in your home like it is in mine. I don’t know about you but we thrive off of chips and salsa. Since I need to avoid chips on days with fewer carbs, I decided to spice up my chicken with the salsa in the crockpot and serve with cauliflower rice! This was a HIT!
HERDEZ® Salsa is the #1 salsa brand in Mexico and a staple in Mexican kitchens for over 100 years. I love using this salsa because the ingredients are clean – fresh, simple, and represent the heart of everything a salsa should be! We recently paired the HERDEZ® Salsa Casera with the chicken and it truly tastes homemade! No matter your heat tolerance, the Salsa Casera is available in mild, medium, and hot! You can find Salsa Casera and the rest of the HERDEZ® line in the Mexican food aisle in stores nationwide!
Carb Conscious Salsa Casera Chicken Recipe:
I have included details on how to make this recipe below! It is SUPER easy and quick! I have also provided several ways to serve the chicken. It is very versatile and is great for family dinner, dinner for 1, or feeding a crowd 🙂
- 2lb Chicken Breast or Tenders (can be frozen)
- HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- Cilantro for Garnishing
- Avocado for Garnishing
- Cauliflower Rice, optional
- Bell Peppers, optional
- Tortilla Chips, optional if not low carb
- Taco Shells or Tortillas, optional if not low carb
- Place chicken in crockpot, frozen or thawed
- Pour jar of salsa over the chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Remove chicken from sauce and shred
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced avocado
- If you are prepping a carb conscious meal, serve over cauliflower rice or slices of bell pepper
- If you are looking to eat more carbs, serve with tortilla chips, taco shells, or tortillas
Looking for more dinner ideas on days you are eating fewer carbs? My Faster Way To Fat Loss Coach has some great suggestions!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Chocolate/Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Low Carb Crustless Quiche
- Breakfast For Dinner: Eggs, Bacon, Avocado, and Berries!
- Low Carb Pizza Quesadilla
- Chicken and Veggies
- Ground Beef, Low Carb Marinara, and Zucchini Noodles
What is your favorite carb-conscious dinner or snack idea? I would love for you to share in the comments below!