Shop The Turkey Spinach Lasagna Post HERE: Denim Top // White Jeans // Necklace // Bracelets // Sandals – Use code HEATHER20 for 20% off!
Keep scrolling to snag the yummy Turkey Spinach Lasagna recipe below!
This recipe is from the first 2 years of mine and Eric’s marriage. We got it from Rachel, a girl in our small group who was the queen of finding lower fat recipe. After she served it at a small group supper club, I saved it in our family cookbook.
This recipe is really great because it is lower in fat than most lasagna recipes with the substitution of ground turkey instead of ground beef and everything that can be added in low fat form like the cheeses are. For me, this recipe is a huge win because Eric loves it (even though he doesn’t even like ground turkey)! Once you get all the cheesy, lasagna goodness in there, he can’t even taste the difference!
Gold Fork // Rattan Place Mat // White Place Mat // Dining Chairs // Dining Table
It is an easy meal to take to a new mom, someone who is sick or grieving, or make when you are hosting friends and family! My hack is to make a batch and freeze half for later with the start of a new school year when we are all super busy as well!
This recipe isn’t necessarily low in calories or carbs but is definitely a better, healthier option for lasagna if you are craving those flavors! It still tastes good with the lower fat substitutions and a more health conscious approach with whole wheat noodles.
When I began macro counting with FASTer Way To Fat Loss, I realized I have a certain number of protein, carb, and fat to spend each day. Everything we eat “costs” something and sometimes you have to be creative to figure out how to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to spending your protein, carb, and fat “money”. If I can choose my food and macros wisely, I am fueled to have great energy to keep up with my kids. This recipe is one that I love because it is filling (I can have MORE of it because it doesn’t “cost” me as much!) and reminds me of down home cooking with the way my mom cooked casseroles growing up.
If you are looking for more healthy meal planning tricks and hacks, don’t forget to check out my Meal Planning For The Busy Mom eBook (under $10!!!). In the eBook I share recipes just like THIS that give you easy, healthy swaps without busting your family’s lifestyle choices!
Get The Turkey Spinach Lasagna Recipe Here:
Turkey Spinach Lasagna
- 1 large skillet
- 1 13×9 inch baking dish
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 jars low fat marinara sauce
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot
- Add turkey, onion and garlic, cook until meat is browned, and add 2/3 jars of marinara sauce. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove from heat
- Combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, egg substitute, parmesan, parsley, pepper and spinach. Stir well.
- Spread remaining sauce on bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish coated cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 noodles over marinara; top with cheese mixture and half of mozzarella.
- Arrange remaining noodles on top of turkey mixture. Top with remaining turkey mixture and mozzarella.
- Bake for 50 mins. Let stand 10 mins before serving.