When you wake up in the morning, and you are short on time, it can be tricky to avoid the Starbucks drive-thru’s that will leave you bloated, low on energy, or leave you on a sugar high that will have you crashing mid-morning.
Even that packaged breakfast cookie from the health food store or your bar may be filled with unwanted or hidden sugars and preservatives.
I get asked about healthy foods all the time, and the biggest challenge I hear from people is breakfast. By stripping away the sugars in our typical morning pit-stop, we can feel lighter on our feet, have more energy, and less brain-fog. Keep reading for these 4-ingredient paleo breakfast cookies that can be made in a batch so you don’t have to think about what to eat when you run out the door in the morning.
4-Ingredient Paleo Breakfast Cookies:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup medjool dates (remove the pits)
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Blend the eggs and the dates in a food processor until it is smooth.
- Add the almond butter (or other nut butter) and dried cherries and mix together in a bowl.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and enjoy!