I don’t know if you’ll believe me or not when I tell you this but I have found a DELICIOUS Paleo, healthy cookie! It is all-natural, nutty and completely acceptable to eat for breakfast. It feels like a cheat, but it’s not! This Healthy Hazelnut Cookie even passed the husband’s inspection as well as Magen my photographer!
I whipped this cookie recipe up in about 25 minutes and couldn’t resist eating more than 2 at each setting. These cookies aren’t too sweet and they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, just the way I like them! I’d recommend these cookies for a Christmas cookie swap, a gluten-free classroom, or a treat for a friend who has allergies.
I definitely plan to make these cookies again and Magen my photographer told me she wants to make them for her kids to enjoy after testing them. On a side note, you’ll have to excuse my sparse posts this week, I’ve been sick with a stomach bug and then a sinus infection…it’s been a rough go to say the least. I’m finally on the mend though and just nursing the residual scratchy throat and cough.
If you’re looking for more Christmassy recipes, may I suggest the Cranberry Mule or these Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels? AND I’m participating in a Countdown to Christmas with other bloggers that will give you countless more holiday cheer ideas, so check that out here.
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie recipe?
- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup melted grass-fed organic ghee
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until a thick dough is formed.
- Spoon small scoops onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a small piece of parchment to flatten cookies to ¼ inch thick.
- Bake until just starting to brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.