It is really starting to feel surreal that you are almost a year old now! How could that possibly be? We are beyond excited for you that you are crawling, pulling up, and really seeming to watch and understand more things now. July has been a whirlwind with your daddy starting a new job, the Smith’s coming to visit us from Atlanta with their little boy and lots of activities each weekend.
You LOVE being around little kids a bit older than you. You seem delighted when you are at Mrs. Emily’s house to watch her kids run around and entertain you. When Tucker stayed with us one weekend, you wanted to crawl and follow him everywhere. He would get jealous of the attention you got from his mommy and he would scream, which would then scare you and make you cry…too crazy!
It’s getting harder for you to sit still these days. You no longer want to chill in your car seat or in a high chair for very long or even sometimes in our laps…you want to be on the move! Luckily, we can still pretty easily take you to friends’ homes and put you down in your pack and play though.
I left you and daddy for the first time for two nights this month to go to a blogging conference and I think you fell in love even more with your daddy while I was gone. You just adore watching him and seeing what he’s doing. I’m so glad you two love each other so much!
Sadly, you’ve gotten another cold this month. We think the fact that you are breathing through your mouth so much makes you stick that little tongue out even more than ever. It’s almost always hanging out!
You’ve gotten really into my Homefit Personal Training Workouts lately. You can’t wait to slobber all over the workout equipment and to try to catch mommy’s shoe laces as I do burpees. You think Coach Cody comes over just to see you I think. It was nearly impossible to capture pictures of you this month. Every time I sat you on your Boppy pillow, you tried to climb towards me immediately. These will have to do. 😉
At 10 Months:
- You still want to eat after about 3-3.5 hours. We are doing more baby food to help combat that gag reflex. I blogged more about that HERE. You adore water…playing in it especially but also drinking it. You love to toss your sippy cup from your high chair to make mom and dad get it for you over and over again.
- Naps: You take a morning and afternoon nap (typically about 1.5 hours long each) and a little cat nap around 5ish.
- Loves: Getting tickled, any kind of ball for you to chase around as you crawl, holding onto our coffee table to stand up, the spinning wheel toy we stick to your high chair, being outside (it always makes you stop crying), trying to get the tv remotes, Straps on anything! Block Toy. Dancing with Mommy and Giddy Up Horsey with Daddy. Having us throw you in the air. Sticking your tongue out.
- You are still nursing and take bottles a decent amount now because you get so distracted when feeding.
- Weight: 17lbs by now perhaps?
- Diapers: Size 3
- Clothes: 6-9 months, 9 months
- Nicknames: Sleepy Bear/Poopy Bear, Kicky Pants, Mini Brown, Buddy, Little Speedster, Nugget/Nugs
I am working on a round up post of must have baby items since so many of you have asked for it. One new find I discovered is the Owlet Baby Monitor. It is designed to alert you if baby stops breathing. What an invaluable tool to have on hand to help you rest assured at night or during nap times that sweet baby is OK. Our local baby store, Swaddle, has started carrying these but you can also buy them online.
Have any of you tried Owlet yet? I have been nothing short of super impressed by their team and customer support. I highly recommend this for any anxious mommas and know that peace of mind is something nice to have for every parent. Have any of you tried the Owlet yet? I’d love to hear what you think of it and or any other recommendations for what you think I should include in my Baby Registry Round Up Post to come in the comments below!