This classic banana bread recipe has been a staple in my family for years! Growing up, my mom, Mama Mackey, used to make this all the time. I’m so happy to be continuing the tradition with my family. She also has an amazing chicken salad recipe! I slightly tweaked my mom’s original recipe to include half coconut sugar and half almond flour. Of course, you can make the original recipe or make small tweaks as I did.
Making homemade banana bread is a great activity to do with your kids on a day when you’re not quite sure how to fill your time. I think we’re all having those days lately, am I right? Ha! Let your kids help measure, pour, count, and mix. Cooking and baking together can be a great way to practice math, reading, and following steps.
This classic banana bread also makes an amazing gift, there’s nothing like freshly baked banana bread to warm your neighbor’s heart!
The Best Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, beat on medium speed until blended. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into pans. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, cool thoroughly before slicing.
SHOP The Classic Banana Bread Recipe Post HERE:
PIN The Post For Later!