You are 3 months old, baby! By now, you have probably come to realize that your mommy is usually running late. So it’s no surprise your month marker letters are a bit behind schedule. 😉 This past month you have become more vocal…marveling at your own voice. Sometimes you act like it surprises you when you realize that noise is coming from you. Each month you seem to smile, lock eyes and be interested in us more and more and it brings us SO much joy when you do!
Your Momma Mackey always tells us that we have it so easy with you because you are such a good baby. Apparently, I was a terror as a kid and didn’t sleep through the night so early like you do! When you fuss, there’s almost always a reason we can quickly pinpoint and solve for you. You have no idea how much we appreciate that.
You can sit up now and hold your head up although you are still pretty quickly going to topple over or slide down. You are also great at standing on our laps and bearing weight on your legs. A fun game we play is to pull you up by your arms and sing a little song before you get lowered back down. And speaking of games, you are ENAMORED by the sailor’s decorative mirror in your nursery that hangs above your changing table. You kick your legs like a wild man when it catches your eye. After you get your diaper changed, you and I play Peek A Boo in the mirror and you smile so big!!
You love smiling at the fan still, watched mommy celebrate her 30th birthday, and took your first road trip! You went to Nashville to visit our friends the Ivy’s and met your soon to be best friend, Langston, who is only a few weeks younger than you.
Aunt Janelle came to meet you for the first time and spent all weekend with you and I while Daddy went to DC to be in a wedding. Aunt Janelle is almost as smitten over you as we are and we drug you all over Birmingham with us…out to dinner with friends, shopping and working out. You were so good to let us do all that!
3 Month Old Baby Stats:
- Sleep: You are sleeping through the night. We are elated that we put you to bed between 8:30-9 pm and you usually wake up ready to eat around 7:30 am.
- Eating: You eat every 3 hours during the day and are fed exclusively breast milk. You went up from 4 oz to 5 oz this month at each feeding. We loosely follow Moms on Call.
- Bath Time: You still love bath time and only start to cry when we suction you out with the nose frida.
- You are now able to stay in tummy time for a bit longer without crying and can easily lift your head and legs. You are working towards your roll over on a flat surface. Right now, you can do it on the couch cushion which gets your momentum going!
- Loves: You have found your fingers and you’re not looking back! You love sucking your thumb now. You still love coo’ing and playing the nose game with mom, looking at the lights, movement in the Uppababy stroller, your penguin wubanub, the rock and play, the fan and mornings with mom and dad chilling on the couch while we sip our coffee!
- Clothes: You are wearing 0-3 month and 3 months clothes and you’ve moved onto size 2 diapers.
- Weight: I’m not sure how much you weigh now but we have your 4 month shots soon, ouch. I’d guess around 13 lbs?
You can read Leyton’s 1 Month and 2 Month recaps also! My baby is growing so fast…Eric and I talk about sometimes he doesn’t even look like the same baby in some of his pictures with different facial expressions because he’s changing so fast.