5 months old might be my very favorite age so far! I’m obsessed with the video I took of you where we are laying on the floor while you kick your little legs in excitement and giggle with me while you stare at the baby in the phone. You are so curious about things now. You want to explore everything with your mouth…just touching it isn’t good enough! I love to walk around with you doing chores and talk with you about what we are doing to keep you entertained on days when you just want to be held.
This was a big month because we started doing some foods for you to try out. We did sweet potato in the Ninja with breast milk, and rice cereal. You haven’t seemed to be too big of a fan of either yet, but you did at least eat the tiniest bit of each. The very first feeding session mom and dad were not prepared at all! We didn’t put a bib on you and we only had a small glass bowl clean and ready to use, which of course you promptly slung off your bumbo and broke. Whoops!
Your dad has introduced me to the old Star Wars movies so we can catch up on all the old ones before we see the new movie that just came out. Since you’ve been wearing this new Aden+Anais kimono onesie, we’ve started calling this your little Leyton Skywalker outfit. It reminds me of the crazy all white costumes and has stars on it. You seem to think we are pretty silly and funny when we call you that.
You are better at standing up than you are sitting up at this point. You hang onto our coffee table with our arms behind you ready to catch you if you fall. You can stand up for a long while. But our new favorite trick that you do is High-fives. Dad taught you that one. He says High-Five while I’m burping you at night and you put your little hand up to his. It’s so sweet.
Speaking of sweet, I think some of my favorite moments with you are when you are done feeding and you lay in my arms and coo up at me. You smile, and sometimes laugh and make sweet baby noises while I trace your nose and cheeks and chin. You try to gum my fingers or stick your tongue out and laugh. It gives me all the mommy feels!
This month we have celebrated your Grandaddy’s birthday, hung out with your baby friends (MC & Clara…you’re a ladies man already! And Trace pictured above.), and put some decorating touches on our house. We also hosted a Super Bowl Party and we take you with us to our friends’ homes and put you down to sleep while we hang out. You are just the happiest and most content little guy. You’re so flexible and easy. We can’t believe you are almost half a year old. YOU are something special little boy, we love you!
5 Months Old Baby Stats:
- Sleep: You are sleeping through the night. In bed around 8. You typically wake up around 9-10 am unless we wake you up earlier for mom to go to work. You are a sleeping champ like your mom.
- Eating: You eat every 3.5 hours during the day and are fed exclusively breast milk. You take about 6 oz at each feeding. We loosely follow Moms on Call although we don’t give you a sippy cup and food everyday to try like they recommend at this age.
- Bath Time: Even if you are crying, you usually stop for bath time. Your splashes are getting bigger and before we know it you’ve soaked the counter, mirror, and us!
- You are still rolling over from stomach to back and side to back but you just haven’t quite wanted to go back over to the back yet.
- Loves: Sucking your thumb. You are still obsessed with your car seat toys, your blue and white blanket–pulling it up and around you like a tiny human, your swing, sleeping on your right side, and playing peek a boo in the mirror as well as looking up at the wall decor above your changing table. You kick your legs like you are in the bath when you see that wall decor.
- Clothes: You are wearing 3 months clothes (just barely) and mostly 3-6 month clothes and you’re still in size 2 diapers.
- Weight: At your 4 month doctor’s appointment, you weighed 14 lbs, 13 oz. You are about right on track to double your weight by 6 months!
Onesie and Milestone Sticker Set from Bella Tunno.