You are 4 months old! December was of course a whirlwind. You not only celebrated your first Christmas but you also went to Indianapolis to meet your great-grandparents, uncle/aunt and cousin for the first time as well as went to Tampa for Christmas. So, yes, that means you took TWO car trips in one month that were 8 hours+ each way!
We are in awe of what a flexible baby you are. Even when we traveled, you slept great in strange places (including Grandma Jo’s closet) which she though was pretty hysterical. She said she’s going to call you closet boy since you loved napping in there so much.
We’re not sure if it’s because you took so many road trips this month or because you are getting more aware of what’s going on around you, but you are NOT a fan of your car seat. You start to arch your back and cry now as soon as we put you in the car seat or as soon as you see your sleep sack when you don’t want to go to sleep.
This month you had some pretty exciting milestones. You rolled over for the first time, dropped your swaddle, play more on your play mat and grab for things, went to the beach for the first time (on Christmas day!), switched from sleeping in your rock and play to your crib, and have started giggling way more frequently. The giggle fits you get with us send us over the moon. We love blowing bubbles and laughing and watching you try to imitate us. It’s just the cutest thing.
Each night before bedtime, we’ve started reading from your Jesus Storybook Bible to you. Daddy reads while Mom helps you turn the pages and points out fun pictures to you. We usually only make it a few pages and sometimes you pay attention while other times you may be distracted or a little fussy when you’re extra tired.
Another big discovery you’ve made this month is sucking your thumb. You will cry in the crib until you find it to pacify yourself. You’ll now choose your thumb over your paci any day. After you discovered your thumb, you found your feet. You love to hold them up by your face…what a flexible boy!
We believe you are starting to teeth since you are a little more fussy now in the afternoons randomly and you are drooling and like to chew on your hand, mom’s shoulder, whatever you can get your little hands on. I’ve started giving you a teething ring from the freezer and you like it but you can’t quite figure out how to hold on to it for long yet. You are starting to grab for things though like the little lambs that hang from your swing and you really like your new zebra toy that hangs from your play mat.
We are thrilled to watch you interact with us more but can’t believe how quickly you are changing. We love you so much!
4 Month Old Baby Stats:
- Sleep: You are sleeping through the night. We are elated that we put you to bed around 8 and you usually wake up ready to eat around 7:30 am. Although sometimes you sleep until 9 or 10 and we have to wake you up!
- Eating: You eat every 3.5 hours during the day and are fed exclusively breast milk. You went up from 5 oz to 6 oz this month at each feeding. We loosely follow Moms on Call.
- Bath Time: You still love bath time and are starting to notice the baby in the mirror now instead of exclusively staring at whoever is bathing you.
- You are rolling over from your tummy to your back rather easily now. It’s just a matter of whether you choose to or not. Occasionally your arm will get stuck behind you and we have to help you.
- Loves: Sucking the thumb. You love your zebra on the play mat, your car seat toys, your blue and white blanket, sleeping on your right side, and playing peek a boo in the mirror as well as looking up at the wall decor above your changing table. You kick your legs like you are in the bath when you see that wall decor.
- Clothes: You are wearing 0-3 month and 3 months clothes and you’re still in size 2 diapers.
- Weight: I’m not sure how much you weigh now but we have your 4 month shots soon, ouch. I’d guess around 15 lbs.
Onesie and Milestone Sticker Set from Bella Tunno.
What fantastic milestones! You are so brave to have traveled so far with him twice, but I know how important it is to share your little one with family far away. Congratulations!
Thank you so very much for your sweet comment, Laura! Yes, traveling can be daunting but we are so grateful he slept most the way. High five! Ha. Have a great day!