Today I’m sharing my down and dirty Facebook tips to grow your blog. These are just a quick 20 tips to help you make sure you’re doing everything you can to maximize your Facebook exposure. In case you missed the first post I did about Facebook for bloggers and small business owners, check it out here where I go into more detail about creating a successful and inviting Facebook page!
20 Tips for Growing Your Facebook for Bloggers:
1. Invite your friends and family members to like your page! You have to start somewhere.
2. Share your Facebook page and some new posts from your Facebook page to your personal page if it makes sense for a majority of your friends. A lot of my Facebook friends are really into new recipes so if I share one from my blog, it will most likely appeal to a large number of them.
3. Like and comment on other blogger’s FB page in your niche from your blog’s FB page. You can do this by selecting use Facebook as “title of blog page” in the upper right hand corner where you go to logout.
4. Link up to other blogger’s Facebook page parties. For instance, I love joining Aunt Bee’s Recipes recipe parties she occasionally hosts and it’s a great way to get exposure for my page as well.
5. Include your FB page in your blog sidebar or header and email signature. If people don’t know you have a FB page, how will they find you?
6. Content is king, as always! If you aren’t sharing posts that HELP your readers, they aren’t very likely to read it or interact with you about it on Facebook. Think about your posts. Are they helping solve a problem, entertain, or teach your readers something?
7. It’s important to get interaction quickly on a post to show FB it’s “worth showing” according to their algorithm. I’ve found that a lot of times if I can get likes or comments quickly on a post, it will be shown to more people. I’ll ask people in my tribe to quickly comment and like/comment as Heather sometimes instead of MLWL to get the good algorithm vibes flowing!
8. Ask a question a few times per week with no picture to get your “seen by” total up. It seems to work for me so hopefully it will work for you! The simpler the question the better. Things like how many kids do you have? Have you eaten lunch yet? Yes and no questions work well and your audience can elaborate if they want.
9. Tag people (your FB friends) in photos when possible to increase your reach and the amount of people that see the post.
10. Share old content each day if you don’t have new content to share. It’s always helpful to keep driving traffic back to your website. And I can guarantee you all of your blog readers haven’t seen every post you’ve ever written!
11. Share your community’s content. If your fans tried your recipe, or makeup tutorial and tagged you in it, re-share. People love to feel like they’re a part of your community!
12. Ask for what you want. Do you want comments on your blog post? Comments on the FB post? Shares? Many times I find that just by asking, the number goes up!
13. Keep it simple. Facebook posts with less than 80 characters get 23% more engagement. Posts between 100 and 250 characters get about 60% more engagement. I read this from several different sources.
14. Share viral posts since you already know they have good mojo behind them and thus will increase your views on that post and “seen by” number. The reason it’s important to get people to like, comment, and share your posts is because if they do, FB assumes they want to see more of your posts!
15. Experiment with FB ads where it makes sense. Launching an ebook, podcast or new product? By all means test out paying to see if it’s worth it.
16. Keep a close eye on what content is trending on your blog via Pinterest and traffic hits and make sure to promote it via FB in a timely manner.
17. Good pictures are important on FB; edit them just like you would for Instagram. Other bloggers are more likely to share your photos if they are pretty as well! I find that posts I do with 2-5 pictures usually perform well because people click on the post to interact with and see each photo in a larger version.
18. Building a strong, organic following takes time. Don’t sweat it…the fans will come, just keep working hard and chipping away at it day by day.
19. Be a wordsmith. Make people intrigued to learn what you are talking about…ask questions that get them fired up. I’ve learned recently that kids is definitely one of those things for my audience which is awesome because they give me great feedback for parenting, which I’m about to have to learn a lot about!
20. Facebook is a social network! Keep it social by sharing others’ content and joining FB groups full of similar bloggers to help promote one another. Share your friends, grow your tribe, connect to FB sharing groups. Genuinely ask your blogging friends how you can help them every once in a while. They’ll be happy to help you too!
What tips would you add to this list? I’d love to hear them below! Make sure you like the My Life Well Loved page while you’re at it, I’d love to connect! If you need help growing your social media, I offer social media consulting and would love to chat with you!