Thank you to Mirum for partnering with me on this post!
It feels like you are “waking up” and becoming a real little human this month. As funny as that sounds to say, you smile more, talk more and are easier to interact with now which is SO very fun! Last night I was tearing up just thinking about how VERY MUCH I love you and how God loves me as his child even that much more. We rocked in your nursery chair and spent several minutes just conversing back and forth with “oooh’s” and smiles and it was truly so sweet. I can just tell by your looks and smiles now that you truly adore me and it’s so innocent and precious. I don’t even feel like I can adequately put it into words. <3
You’ve still got rolls for days, no neck and are so very chunky. Your favorite time of day other than being bounced in my arms is still bath time. When I pick you up out of the bath, you look like a little butterball turkey hanging there with that chunky body in my arms as I let you drip off before cuddling you up in the towel. Ha!
You met your Aunt Janelle, and Big Curt and Dede as Leyton calls your grandparents and of course Janelle and drug you all over town with us to lunch and shopping like we used to do with Leyton. You are my little sidekick always accompanying me to the chiropractor, or Pure Barre to prepare for teaching reform or just running errands while Leyton is in “school.”
We were going to dress you up in the little turtle costume Leyton wore as a baby for Halloween but it was so hot outside I just put you in your Mummy loves me onesie and put toilet paper on you so you could be a mummy for Halloween, ha! You of course moved so much in the stroller that most the t.p. came off, but regardless you had a great time!
We also got to go to the lake with you so you had your first boat ride with our friends the McGarrahs. It was so funny because you did your typical throw your head back lizard situation to soak in the wind and sun. Blake even said, “That was a nice boat ride but NO ONE enjoyed that boat ride more than baby Finn.” HA!
We love you, little Finnster!
If you missed Baby Finn’s other baby milestones by month updates, you can read Month 1 HERE and Month 2 HERE and see what Baby Leyton looked like at Month 3 HERE! To read Baby Finn’s Birth Story, go HERE!
Baby Milestones by Month: 3 Month Update
- Sleep: Moms on Call is seriously MY FAVORITE. You usually sleep now from about 9:30 pm till 9 am. PTL! We haven’t bumped up to the next Moms on Call schedule because this time frame is working well for us right now with getting Leyton the attention he needs/bedtime etc. I need to start turning off your rock’ n play for bedtime and not just nap time now and then get you in the crib.
- Eating: We typically feed you 5 oz when we give you pumped milk and you eat every 4 hours during the day in general. Sometimes when we try to feed you at the 3 hour mark, you just seem uninterested now. This is the first week I’ve noticed you are distracted at feeding time…it’s clear you are getting more and more interested in the world around you… like that fascinating fan. 😉
- Bath Time: You are starting to kick so big at bath time that I have to make sure the bath tub isn’t too full or you’ll splash us!
- Strength: You still don’t love tummy time unless it’s on our chests but you hold your head up there with no problems for extended periods of time.
- Loves: The fan, being held and bounced, smiling, coo’ing, Ollie swaddle (you look like a little seal), movement in the stroller or car-you HATE when we have to stop at red lights in the car and scream and cry like Leyton did when he was a baby, bath time, the rock and play, your Fisher-Price swing.
- Clothes: 0-3 months and 3 months +, size 2 diapers
- Weight: Betting you are over 16 lbs now
- Nicknames: Finnster, We can barely say your name without Baby in front of it…we think it’s because your big brother always says Baby Finn. Daddy and I also like to sing your name in a little sing song voice, “Baa-aaby Finn”
Baby Milestones by Month: Breastfeeding Update
As many of you know from following me on Instagram Stories, I am breastfeeding Finn and using bottles of pumped milk when necessary. This time around has been better compared to my struggles with Leyton. Many of you ask when I am pumping, how often, when I am giving bottles, etc. Right now, I am only pumping when I am away from Finn for an extended amount of time. I am saving the pumped breastmilk for when I am off maternity leave and Finn is with a babysitter during the days.
If you are struggling with breastfeeding or if you’ve chosen to formula-feed, I wanted to share a new brand I have recently discovered and am hearing great things about! I know from friends the struggle to find a good formula is real and I always want to be a helpful resource in your hunt for the best baby products and deals!
Kroger Comforts HMO Infant Formula is top quality at an affordable price. Comforts Formula is great for baby’s growth, development, and immune system because of the non-GMO ingredients with a closer resemblance to mother’s milk than ever before! Shopping Comforts Infant Formula over the years can save you up to $400 in annual savings – hello spa day for mama! 😉 To start saving on the formula, use this $3 off Ibotta offer HERE on any Kroger Comforts Formula 30fl oz or larger and you can redeem it TWICE per receipt! Whoop whoop!
Make sure you head to the bottom of this post to enter to win the $200 Kroger Gift Card to be use on any baby essentials!
SHOP Baby Finn’s Favorite Things This Month HERE:
Enter the Kroger Sweepstakes to Win $200!
No Pur Nec 18+ Ends 12/22 See widget for rules & eligibility
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!