The Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies Sandwiches post was originally published in September 2016 and updated in October 2020.
Welcome to fall, y’all! We’re finally feeling a slight drop in the temperature here in Birmingham, AL and it’s SO nice. Before we know it, it’ll be time for our favorite fall activities. In honor of the festive feel of fall and to celebrate this refreshing change of seasons, I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes for this time of year — my pumpkin peanut butter cookies. I promise y’all, they are absolutely delicious and so dang easy.
Y’all know that I typically post healthy recipes, but this one is definitely a treat. I’m a firm believer that some recipes, every now and then, are worth the splurge. I had one of these pumpkin peanut butter cookie sandwiches last week, and let me assure you, it is WORTH the splurge. Ha!
And if you’re looking for more yummy fall recipes like this one, be sure to check out my FREE fall meal plan! I’m making meal time a little bit easier for you and your family this season.
As a mom, once fall hits, it feels like the holiday season is immediately upon us. I know that can bring on a lot of extra stress and chaos into our lives. Let’s make this year different, friends! I created a holiday planner for busy moms just like you and I! In my holiday planner, I’m including lists and calendars to keep you organized, recipes my family loves, plus memory verses and activities for your kids to help keep the season sweet! Check it out HERE!
If you’re wondering how I’ve made this recipe so easy, let me tell you… store-bought cookies. That’s right… no shame in my game. I wanted to make a recipe that was so good and simple, you could do it even if you only had 30 minutes. I got these from the bakery section of my Aldi and if you really wanted to make it easy, you could even grab some pre-made icing. Shhhh, it’ll be our little secret. No judgey mom looks coming from me, sister!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
- Bakery Cookies (feel free to make your own)
- ½ cup Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Peanut Butter & Co Pumpkin Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get fluffy.
- Spoon a few tablespoons full of frosting on top of one cookie.
- Take the other cookie and press down so icing comes out to sides.
- Take a knife and run it around the edge if you want a smooth edge.