We can’t believe you are 18 months old! It seems like with each passing day you look more and more like a little boy. You just started walking at the end of January (16 months) but now fly around our living room and kitchen at a running pace. You love your “kit” as you call your blan”ket” and as soon as you get down from eating your meal, you run back to your crib to pull out “kit” and the sleep sack to bring them out to our living area.
You also love cars, choo-choo, “woof woof’s”, balls, balloons, and the bobi robotic vacuum. If you get upset, we can almost always distract you with a toy car. Many times you walk around with not 1 but 2 cars–one in each hand. You are also starting to put things together more. We can tell you to give us high five, or go get your book, or a few other commands and you can understand them. Now, since your favorite word is no-no right now, a lot of times we ask you to do something and that’s what you respond…so there’s that. Ha!
I love to wrestle with you while making the bed and soak up our sweet time at night in your chair. You don’t like to stop for very long anymore, so I love when I can hold you in your chair and sing songs to you or read books. When we sing Jesus Loves Me or a song we sing in church before bed time, you start to hum at the end of each song as if you want it to keep going. It is so very sweet.
At 18 Months:
- You eat 3 meals a day with snacks in between. Favorites include: bananas, greek yogurt parfaits with peanut butter, strawberries, hummus, goldfish, crackers, and “chip” which you say all the time. We can’t get you to eat vegetables or meat to save our lives. We keep putting them in front of you anyway to keep you exposed to them though.
- Naps: You take an afternoon nap (typically about 1.5 hours long each) and a little cat nap around 5ish if needed.
- Loves: Being outside, singing bed time songs, listening to me sing shark attack song with your shark boat in the bath, looking for the choo-choo at the railroad track we drive over sometimes, the “clack clack” book about the choo choo going clickety clack, brushing teeth, taking everything out of the bathroom drawers and throwing them in the tub.
- You are drinking whole milk and water out of a sippy cup 3-4 times a day.
- Weight: 19 lbs 11 oz (SOOOO small!)
- Diapers: Size 4
- Clothes: 12 months and 12-18 months, 9 months pants still fit
- Nicknames: Little Buddy, Kicky Pants, Mr. Buddy, Buddy, Baby Buddy
- Words you say:
Dada (first word!)
Bob (bobi vacuum cleaner)
All done (pronounced very intangibly)
We love you Leyton with all our hearts!
Shop the 18 Month Photo Shoot Look:
Thanks to Casey Marie Photography for these photos.