As I’m getting further into my no added sugar, no grains challenge I’m starting to really enjoy healthy eating again! And I sure do love finding ways to treat my palate to a decadent, rich taste without sacrificing my health. Enter Green Beans with Goat Cheese and Bacon!
I pulled this recipe from my old blog’s archive this week to make and I’m so glad I did! Jessica, my old blog partner introduced this recipe to me and even put it on our old blog (Saving Money, Living Life) so you may remember it if you’ve been a long time reader.
This is an easy recipe that my husband and I love, and an easy way to dress up green beans in under 5 minutes. The goat cheese is especially good when added to the beans while they are still hot- it softens and starts to melt a little. You can also use red wine vinegar if you don’t have sherry vinegar. My mom makes it with the bacon while I usually opt for using almonds instead for a lighter alternative. Enjoy!
- 1½ lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional: ¼ cup almonds and/or cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter.
- Scatter cranberries, goat cheese and almonds over the top and serve warm.
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!