As I’m getting further into my no added sugar, no grains challenge I’m starting to really enjoy healthy eating again! And I sure do love finding ways to treat my palate to a decadent, rich taste without sacrificing my health. Enter Green Beans with Goat Cheese and Bacon!
I pulled this recipe from my old blog’s archive this week to make and I’m so glad I did! Jessica, my old blog partner introduced this recipe to me and even put it on our old blog (Saving Money, Living Life) so you may remember it if you’ve been a long time reader.
This is an easy recipe that my husband and I love, and an easy way to dress up green beans in under 5 minutes. The goat cheese is especially good when added to the beans while they are still hot- it softens and starts to melt a little. You can also use red wine vinegar if you don’t have sherry vinegar. My mom makes it with the bacon while I usually opt for using almonds instead for a lighter alternative. Enjoy!
- 1½ lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional: ¼ cup almonds and/or cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter.
- Scatter cranberries, goat cheese and almonds over the top and serve warm.