Keep scrolling for the yummiest recipe for the Whole30 & Paleo Friendly Fat Burning Soup Recipe below!
In my friend group, we affectionately call this soup the “Barn Soup”! We ate this yummy soup recipe when we went to a rental barn house in Montevallo last year and thus birthed the name, “Barn Soup”! My friend, Andrea, offered to bring the soup, and we all loved it so much! Naturally, you know we all asked for the recipe.
It has become a go-to in our household and I love how flexible it is. You can throw in whatever meats or veggies you have on hand to spice it up and the plus is it’s all natural ingredients, which I am all about!
Something else I absolutely love about this easy soup is it can be modified to low-carb without the potatoes, making it the perfect addition to add to a low carb day on FWTFL! Click HERE to find out when the next round of FASTer Way to Fat Loss is and join me! Get your body and mind ready for Spring Break by utilizing my favorite program!
At our house, we have a criteria for new recipes to make our life simpler. A meal that meets our busy and healthy lifestyle criteria needs to check these boxes:
- Less than 7 ingredients!
- No fancy or weird ingredients (hello, mamas of picky eaters)!
- Easy to make and throw together!
- Ready in under 30 minutes!
- Low key + healthy!
When I know I’m going into a week that is looking to be a busy one, I love adding a quick soup like this to our meal plan. It’s more or less a pretty hands-off meal, ready in no time at all, and a go-to your whole family will love!
The Fat Burning Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup AKA “Barn Soup” Recipe:
Sausage & Sweet Potato Soup (Whole30 & Paleo Friendly)
- 1 lb Italian Sausage ground or crumbled
- 1/2 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1.5 lbs Sweet Potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook sausage in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until browned, drain the fat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, bell pepper, celery and sweet potatoes, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add in spinach and allow it time to wilt.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve.