“This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
I grew up with 1 sister, so when I found out I was having a little boy, I was really excited but also clueless about what they wear or how to dress them. Since I was little though, how you dress little girls even has vastly changed though. I’m finding out very quickly that having a little boy is much easier on your wallet, at least in the clothes department for now! Or, maybe it’s because I’m not like the typical southerner in how we dress Leyton.
You won’t find Leyton is bubbles and frills and things that you’re not sure whether to put a boy or girl in it. This is a personal preference and if you love the other stuff, more power to you! I was laughing with a friend recently because she loves to put her little boy in bubbles and such. And she was like, Heather, Leyton has lots of dark hair, long eyelashes and isn’t super pale though…so he can pull off different looks than a lot of bald babies. Maybe that’s true…regardless, I love outfitting Leyton in fun and unique clothes and I love to do so without blowing my budget. That’s where Carter’s comes in.
My little buddy has a pretty relaxed style when we’re just hanging around the house. I love to have him in a Carter’s body suit or something else as lightweight and breathable for easy crawling/playing/trying to learn to walk. Leyton has gotten where he is pulling up on everything and he can walk while holding onto us or a toy but he isn’t quite ready to walk on his own yet.
We love dressing our little man up in cute clothes when we go out and always get compliments on Leyton’s style, so I thought I’d share some of Leyton’s baby fashion tips and tricks. 😉 There’s just a few key pieces you need to buy to mix and match for a little baby fall and winter capsule wardrobe that will give you lots of options. I like to try to get several plain pieces without lots of loud logos/characters or sayings on them so he can wear them with more outfits for a different look. From what I hear, I better soak that up while I can because before long, he’ll be wanting to dress himself in cartoon characters, yuck. 😉
Here’s my 5 Fall Fashion Trends for Baby Boys:
- Collared Body Suits: Leyton has several collared shirts already but I just found his first collared body suit at Carter’s last week! I love the simplicity of a baby body suit with snaps on the bottom…and one that’s a little dressier for pictures? Yes please!
- Sweater: Have you ever seen something so cute as a baby boy in a layered baby sweater? I was dying over Leyton’s gray sweater layered over his bodysuit. He’ll also wear it separately so I love that it gets us two outfits in one.
- Denim/Cords: I may have already bought way too many baby boy jeans, but I just can’t help myself. They are so adorable! So, for this look, I switched it up and got Leyton some corduroy pants that will look so cute for church and other dressier occasions.
- Shoes: As y’all know from THIS post, Leyton has got some really cute shoes already but I love these new little camo boots. They’re a little edgey and they are made to help him balance better as he stands and tries to learn to walk, how cool is that?
- Layers: Just like with adults, in the fall and winter, it’s all about the layers for babies. I love to have Leyton is vests, body suits, jackets, or layered sweaters to help him look a little more trendy. This baby thinks he’s way too cool, y’all.
Carter’s baby clothes are available online or in a store near you if you want to shop Leyton’s outfit or for similar looks for your trendy baby or toddler.
ENTER THE PIN BABY PIN CONTEST
Through September 26, you can enter the Pin Baby Pin contest. 75 people will be randomly selected to win a $50 Carter’s gift card perfect to freshen up your little one’s fall wardrobe. To enter, just upload your favorite Carter’s baby’s first look to here: PIN BABY PIN CONTEST
SAVE ON YOUR NEXT PURCHASE AT CARTER’S
What are your favorite fall fashion trends for baby boys? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Special thanks to Casey Marie Photography for these photos of Leyton that I’m in love with!