SHOP The Best Books For Moms Post HERE: Becoming Us // American Dirt // LIVE // The Gentle Parent // The Joy Of Missing Out // Cheers To The Diaper Years // The First Time // Find Your Path // Where the Crawdads Sing
Let me start by being completely honest with y’all: even though I wish I had time to read, I truly don’t feel like I have time in this season of life. When I talk to girlfriends who are in the same phase of life as I am who are reading, they say they do it late at night. And I find myself typically working on the website or tackling my social media to-do list at that time of day. Womp womp. That’s definitely a downfall of my schedule.
I wish I could fit reading into my schedule but it’s just not in the cards for me at the moment. However, I know that it will be in the future, so I really relied heavily on y’all and my friends to suggest the best books for moms! I have ordered a few that I am using to study God’s word as well as in my Bible study. Between those and reading about parenting, that’s about all the reading I have time for, ha!
I do love getting the chance to read when we’re able to get to the beach or take a family trip. I know a lot of mamas rely heavily on audible or podcasts. That can be a great way to get your “reading” in! I’ve learned that if I’m going to prioritize working out and running a website and being with my family, reading won’t come as a first priory. And that’s okay. I choose to give myself grace rather than striving to accomplish every. single. thing. And I encourage you to do the same for yourself!
Books I Packed For Our Anniversary Trip:
Best Books For Moms On Amazon:
1 // Becoming Us // You guys know how I feel about Enneagram numbers and how it affects pretty much every area of our lives! This is only fitting as a good read! You can also check out the post on Enneagrams and Relationships HERE.
2 // American Dirt // One of Oprah Winfrey’s recommendations – a story about a mom and child escaping the Mexican cartel.
3 // LIVE // Another positive and uplifting read. The title says it all, “Remain Alive, Be Alive At A Specified Time, Have an Exciting or Fulfilling Life”. This one is on my to-read list!
4 // The Gentle Parent // I ordered several parenting books that an influencer friend recommended and this was one of them, I can’t wait to dig into it!
5 // The Joy Of Missing Out // Very fitting and kind of perfect for now! A close friend recommended this one!
6 // Cheers To The Diaper Years // I’ve read this one cover to cover at least once! 10 truths for thriving while barely surviving!
7 // The First Time // Any Bachelor fans out there? This is an easy read where Colton talks about his faith and gives a behind the scenes look into his season of the Bachelor.
8 // Find Your Path // I also ordered this last month! Carrie shares her personal journey towards optimal health, from her passion for sports as a kid to the pressure to look perfect and fit the mold as she launched her career after winning American Idol, to eventually discovering the importance of balance and the meaning of true health.
9 // Where The Crawdads Sing // #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING PHENOMENON. Also on Reese Witherspoon’s reading picks. My friend told me that this book is, “So so good. Very appropriate, sad but beautiful.”
10 // 52 Lists For Happiness // Weekly journaling inspiration for positivity, balance, and joy! I think we all could use a little more of that in our lives!
11 // Poldark Series // This is also on Amazon Prime Video for free. A friend recommended it!
12 // The Great Alone
13 // The Nightingale
17 // Beholding And Becoming
18 // Cold Tangerines
20 // Something in the water
21 // Glow Kids
Other Book Recommendations From MLWL:
- Whisper Network – Reese Witherspoon’s pick. Female power book!
- Little Fires Everywhere – Has a few curse words, but a pretty good read. There is also a TV show now.
- Match Making For Beginners – I loved it because it is so quirky and different. Not a predictable stereotypical plotline.
- Me Before You – Good read. You can follow up and rent the movie. This is a trilogy, Still Me, and After You.
- Lean In – Every single woman should read this! She is amazing and pushes you to be amazing!
- Harry Potter Series – Just do it! You can read the first three with children. After that, they get a little dark and I would recommend for ages 12 and up.
- Nicholas Sparks – Cliche but he gets me every time! The newest one I heard was good is Every Breath!
- Fair Play – A book about balance in life. Super great! Another Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club picks.
- All We Ever Wanted – Super easy read. Based out of Nashville. Some tough topics to raising teenagers but done in an appropriate way.
- The Geography of Bliss – Nonfiction. The author travels to places reported to be happiest on earth and studies what gives them that joy.
- Devotionals – Two of my FAVES include, Embraced and New Morning Mercies.
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
- Summer of ‘69 by Erin Hildebrand
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- In His Image by Jen Wilkin
- Get Out Of Your Head by Jennie Allen
- The Last Story of Mina Mee
- The Oysterville Sewing Circle
- The Silent Patient
- The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah
- Beach Read, Girl on Fire, We Were Liars
- The Little Book of Hygge
- Anything by Glennon Doyle
- The Read Aloud Family
- Redeeming Love, Live in Love by Laura Akins, Fight to Flourish
- 28 Summers – it’s the perfect beach read!
- Happiness for Beginners
- Kind is the New Classy