Photos by Eric & Jamie Photography
Did you hear the exciting news last week? We are doing an Intermittent Fasting Challenge for 21 days in September! If you missed the announcement post or forgot to download the free printable, CLICK HERE!
Also, don’t forget we are celebrating the end of the challenge with a GIVEAWAY! It may or may not include a FREE round of FASTer Way To Fat Loss, $50 Athleta Gift Card, and more goodies… 😉 The more you share and tag me, @happilyhughes, and @nashvilletash during your fasting journey, the more likely you are to win! We are loving seeing all your posts already so keep them coming!
Over the last 7 days of our challenge, I have heard some of you ask “WHY Intermittent Fasting?”. Today I want to break down a few of the benefits of Intermittent Fasting and how it can transform your health.
Why Should I Try Intermittent Fasting & What Are The Benefits?
There are TONS of benefits to intermittent fasting. Click here to sign up for FWTFL if you’re interested.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Enhances hormone function to facilitate weight loss.
- IMPROVE METABOLISM: Short-term fasting actually increases your metabolic rate by 3.6-14%, helping you burn even more calories.
- INSULIN LEVELS: Blood levels of insulin drop significantly, which facilitates fat burning! (1).
- HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE: The blood levels of growth hormone may increase as much as 5-fold. Higher levels of this hormone facilitate fat burning and muscle gain, and have numerous other benefits.
- CELLULAR REPAIR: The body induces important cellular repair processes, such as removing waste material from cells.
- GENE EXPRESSION: There are beneficial changes in several genes and molecules related to longevity and protection against disease.
- LOWER BLOOD SUGAR: Intermittent fasting can reduce insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels.
- REDUCE INFLAMMATION: Studies show that intermittent fasting can reduce oxidative damage and inflammation in the body. This should have benefits against aging and development of numerous diseases.
- HELP PREVENT HEART DISEASE: Studies show that intermittent fasting can improve numerous risk factors for heart disease such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
- HELP PREVENT DISEASES: Fasting triggers a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells. Increased autophagy may provide protection against several diseases, including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- HELP PREVENT CANCER: Intermittent fasting has been shown to help prevent cancer in animal studies. One paper in humans showed that it can reduce side effects caused by chemotherapy.
- BRAIN HEALTH: Intermittent fasting may have important benefits for brain health. It may increase growth of new neurons and protect the brain from damage.
Did you know intermittent fasting is one of the key foundations of Faster Way to Fat Loss? If you are ready to join for the next round of FWTFL, it starts SEPTEMBER 30th! Yay! CLICK HERE to get signed up and join us!