I’m thrilled to welcome Jennifer from Health Hard today on the blog. She launched her blog not long ago and it is already too pretty and sophisticated not to love. Jennifer and I share a love for Pure Barre, and met at Samford our freshman year. It’s always fun to have a friend come full circle from the Samford life to blogging life. 🙂 Please make sure you check out Health Hard, you don’t be disappointed!
Hi there! My name is Jennifer and I’m so honored to be guest blogging for my friend Heather!
I live in New Orleans, LA, own two Pure Barre locations and blog about living a balanced and healthy lifestyle in my free time. Today I wanted to share with you 17 of my top beauty products that I truly believe in. I’m a very busy person so my beauty products really need to work, work fast and easily fit into my daily routine. These are my non-negotiable beauty products.
Let me know what you think or if you have any “must try” products!
1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Blemish Therapy – The sulfur in this product helps not only conceal blemishes, but helps breakouts from developing. This product works extremely fast too!
2. Prime Style Extender – I won’t wash my hair unless I have this on hand. This leave in conditioner repels dirt … leaving your blowout fresh for days. It really works and is a life changer!
3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – This brick will give you an instant daily glow that’s perfect for running errands or a night on the town. It’s the “healthy” look we all want!
4. Sugar Lip Treatment – Some may argue this is a little splurge, but I justify the price because it’s sulfate free, nourishes lips and had an added SPF bonus!
5. Clarisonic – If you haven’t jumped on the Clarisonic bandwagon, then now is the time to do so! This tool helps cleanse up to 6x better than just washing your face with your hands. It’s easy to travel with and stays charged for days!
6. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel – I wish I could say I do this mask 2x a week, but life gets in the way! It’s all about balance, right? However, when I do an at home mask this Green Apple Peel is my go-to! It helps remove all dead skin cells and aids with hyperpigmentation.
7. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels – This is a face peel that you can use daily which evens skin tone and gives you an extra glow. I love that this peel also diminishes fine lines and wrinkles. They come in single use packets (which I recommend) because they make traveling a breeze!
8. Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner – I’m not a fan of eyeliner everyday, but when I do wear it this Tarte liner is my favorite. It’s soft, easy to put on, infused with clay and stays on all day!
9. Coconut Oil – This is my favorite brand of coconut oil and I buy it locally at Whole Foods. I always slather my skin (and sometimes hair) with it after I bath. Side note: I bath everyday! Here’s why. Coconut oil has many other uses than just a moisturizer … but that’s a whole other blog post 🙂
11. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense – A good friend introduced me to this SPF 50. It’s lightweight, doesn’t burn your eyes when applying and it’s an amazing skin tone color that you can wear alone or under makeup. The best part, this SPF is anti-poor clogging .. which should be a priority for everyone!
12. Moroccanoil Hairspray – This hairspray keeps your blowout in tact all day without that “plastered” look … plus it smells great too!
13. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel – B5 is great in general, but it works wonders for your skin … especially during the winter! This is hydrating and helps tissue repair.
14. Tanda Zap – Who loves pimples? No one! This little beauty machine works, but you have to use it diligently. If you “zap” a blemish at least 2x a day before it gets too developed, this Tanda Zap will prevent it from surfacing on your skin! It’s magic … especially if you use it in correlation with blemish therapy.
15. BioSilk Silk Therapy – I’ve used this product well over ten years! I use it on my skin and hair, wet or dry. It combines nicely on wet hair along with the style extender before blowdrying.
16. Young Living Peace and Calming – This little essential oil is a daily routine for me. I dab a little on my wrists and neck instead of perfume. I’ve been known to put it on my friends who need to take it down a notch as well. It calms me, smells amazing and I just love it! .
17. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer – I have like 4 tubes of this (addict, much)! This plumps lips full enough to smooth out, but doesn’t have that nasty tingly feeling. It’s a great neutral color as well!
Now that you know my non-negotiable beauty secrets, I’d love to know yours! Do tell and please comment below!
For more of my beauty tips or motivation on how to live a balanced and healthy lifestyle, please visit www.healthhard.com
Hello from Baton Rouge!
Wahoo! Loved collaborating! <3