Eric and I LOVE date nights. If you’ve been around here for longer than a hot second you are probably well aware of this. We believe that getting a babysitter, going out to enjoy each other’s company and grabbing dinner or enjoying something else fun around the city is the ultimate investment in our family and in our marriage.
When it comes to Birmingham date ideas, we have plenty! We love to switch things up and not always do dinner because we like to keep things interesting, try new things and venture outside our comfort zone together, thus making us continue to learn new things about each other and deepen our relationship.
First though in case for any reason you’ve missed any of the past posts from our Birmingham Series, make sure you check out those posts below:
- Best Kid-Friendly Birmingham Restaurants & Things to Do with Kids
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Birmingham, Alabama that We Love
- Top 10 Fun Places to Eat In Birmingham
Our Favorite Birmingham Date Ideas:
- Hiking at Moss Rock Preserve and grabbing a drink after at Vecchia or Moss Rock Tacos & Tequila – This is an easy date even when you have a small baby because you can strap baby to you with a sling/carrier and walk and then you can even sit outside on a nice day at one of the restaurants while baby naps and you enjoy your date day.
- Take in the Views at the Overlook – During college, our tradition was that we would go to the overlook spot by the Vestavia Church on the hill to open gifts for special occasions like birthdays, V-day, etc
- Food Truck Picnic / Pedal Tavern Day – We like to hit up food trucks and walk around or do the pedal tavern tour. Such a fun and unique way to take in our city. This is a fun double or triple date idea!
- Happy Hour Hopping – Dates don’t have to be fancy! We love to go to happy hours and get half price apps or just drinks. We especially love Soho Social in Homewood for Happy Hour but there are tons of fun ones around the city!
- Putt Putt / Indoor Race Track – Eric and I love to occasionally be the ones that act like kids, ha! So I love it when he suggests we do something like head out 280 to do putt putt or the latest thing we want to try out is our new indoor autobahn race track.
- Shooting range – Talk about outside my comfort zone… we went to Sheepdog firing range to shoot one night and Eric also wants me to go try clay shooting with him at Pursell Farms. I say as long as I can visit the spa there, then sure! 😉
- Golf + drinks at sunset – I don’t play golf but I love watching Eric do something he loves to do. I’ve gone out to Ross Bridge and watched him play while I enjoy the beautiful weather in the golf cart or sometimes I’ll go meet him up at the end of his round of golf to have a drink at the clubhouse and sit outside and watch the golfers come up.
- Get Sporty! – Between the Birmingham Barons and our new soccer team, the Birmingham Legion, UAB and Samford, there are plenty of options of games to go catch! Or if there’s nothing available to watch live, then head to a fun sports bar like Billy’s, Hickory Tavern, Sky Castle, Overtime, Oak Hill or Char Bar No. 7 together and catch a game!
- Take lessons in something together whether it be ballroom dancing, tennis, or a food prep class around town! You could even take the wine blending class at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Mountain Brook for something different.
- Ice Skating Rink + Coffee Date – During the winter at Railroad Park, there is an ice skating rink you can go enjoy! It’s fun to skate in the heart of downtown Bham and enjoy the views around railroad park/rotary trail. Afterwards we’ll go grab a coffee at Red Cat, O’Henry’s, Caveat, etc to warm up and talk.
- Window Shop or Get Quirky with your Shopping -Shop around at a fun and quirky store like Trader Joe’s, Aldi, World Market or just browse at The Summit. You could also go antiquing or get lost in a store like 2nd & Charles or Bargain Hunt!
- Top Golf – One of Eric’s favorites! I haven’t been with him yet, but we have been working on a triple date brunch to do this with some friends!
Shop my Amazon Dress – TTS & works for a bump early on in pregnancy!
If you want to go the more traditional route of a nice dinner date, we have ENDLESS AWESOME nice restaurants to choose from including our James Beard award winning restaurant, Highlands. Eric and I love Highlands, Bettola, Ocean, Bottega, Gian Marco’s Wine Bar, Chez FonFon (don’t miss the coconut cake!) but honestly there’s so many favorite restaurants to list, I think I could write a whole separate piece JUST on our favorite restaurants alone!
What’s your favorite Birmingham date night? Although some of these places may be some of the most romantic places in Birmingham, AL, we also pride ourselves on using coupons, finding deals and doing dive dates sometimes too! I’d love to hear in the comments below what your favorite date night ideas are so we can check it out!
PIN The Birmingham Date Night Ideas Post For Later
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!