And just like that…swimsuit season is here (and the 30 day sugar detox)! I almost fell out of my chair when I found out last week that I’d be taking photos in a bathing suit last weekend. Luckily, Jessica Laura and I did the paleo challenge together so that I was prepared. However, I had also taken a 3 week exercise break at the recommendation of my personal trainer at Homefit to let my body rest as it was begging me to do. Since I put on a swimsuit and took these fun photos with my friends, it got me thinking about how I could help keep you inspired to look your best in your swimsuit this summer.
Laura, Jessica and I met for the first time in real life this past weekend in Atlanta and had the best time! I’m excited to have some new in-real-life blogging friends and to partner again with them and Veronika from Veronika’s Blushing this month to do a 30 day sugar detox. You’ll be SHOCKED at how good your body feels and looks when you detox the sugar out of your system. I think if you join this challenge with us, you’ll feel better in your swimsuit than you ever have before.
But, just in case you need an extra confidence boost, I’ve found some mom-friendly bathing suits for you. First up? This adorable pink ruffle Kortni Jean bathing suit I’m wearing. Make sure you check them all out on the other girls’ blogs! Hint: Make sure you head to the bottom of this post to enter to win your own PLUS the stunning jewelry we are wearing in this shoot from Sequin! I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture of the back of this cute suit because the lattice work back is to die for!
I’m not going to lie, I felt a little naked taking these pictures without Leyton because Jess and Laura had their babies with them to take pictures. Leyton loves the pool and water so don’t worry, I promise there will be many more cute baby in the water with momma pictures coming soon.
Rules of the 30 Day Sugar Detox:
- High in Protein: Honestly, this detox is pretty similar to paleo. Get in as much protein and veggies in your day as you can. Protein will leave you feeling fueled for your workouts and busy mom life.
- Eat ALL the Veggies: Regardless of whether you do this challenge or not, always try to up your veggie intake! It’s nearly impossible to get in the amount of servings you should have in a day so grab a juice, and nosh on vegetables in between meals. Carrots, anyone?
- Fruit is only for when you have a sugar craving: Although I rely on fruit heavily, I’m going to try for this challenge not to eat too much because it still has lots of natural sugars. Save fruit or cacao chocolate for when a sugar craving hits.
- No White Grains: This is pretty standard for me with clean eating and paleo unless I’m having a cheat meal so it’s not that different. Instead of white rice/white bread or pasta, opt for whole grains. Although the best case scenario would be to opt for Ezekial bread and sweet potatoes if you want a carb.
- Limited or No Alcohol: If you want to really drop weight for a vacation or swimsuit, cut the alcohol. I am allowing myself to drink socially with others no more than once a week during this. You are allowed one cheat meal a week, but just one! So if you know you have an event or party, plan the cheat meal to be then.
- Dairy is allowed: Yay for bringing back the goat cheese into my life after the paleo challenge last month! Just avoid any sweetened yogurts with tons of hidden sugars in them. Yogurt can be greek yogurt with less than 10g of sugar. After doing Whole30 or paleo in the past with me though, if you know your body doesn’t react well to it please feel free to eliminate it. Only get unsweetened almond and/or coconut milk if you opt for these.
- No Candy, Sodas, Juices, Sugary Cereals, Sugar for Coffee, Sweetened Milk, etc.
The goal of any challenge or lifestyle change is to make it fit YOUR lifestyle. We just want to be accountability partners for you as you walk through your healthy lifestyle. We all know how detrimental and addictive sugar can be which is why all 4 of us are excited to partner for this 30 day sugar detox challenge. (If you don’t know how addictive sugar can be, please go watch Fed Up on Netflix!) Please as always modify as you see fit for your body and mind.
If you want to learn more about clean eating and get my FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples list, join my email list to get it + other healthy living tips.
Shop my favorite beach & summer accessories:
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!