Photos: Eric and Jamie Photo
It is Week 2 of our Breastfeeding 101 Series! If you missed last week’s post about the Best Breast Pumps + Breastfeeding Must-Haves, be sure to click HERE to check out that post! This week I want to share about the best foods to increase milk supply. Many of you ask about how I keep my milk supply from dropping. If you haven’t read my breastfeeding journey with Leyton, I urge you to read through my struggles shared in that post. I accidentally dried up my milk and the entire nursing experience felt like an uphill battle. I actually recently shared on Monday more about my postpartum anxiety journey too and you can read that here!
This time around has been more smooth with Finn. However, if you are struggling, please know you are NOT alone and you by no means are a bad mother. There are so many products on the market claiming to “boost milk supply” and I want to share what works for me.
Be sure to scroll to the VERY bottom of this post for a HUGE Breastfeeding Must Haves GIVEAWAY including a pumping bag, breast pump, lactation teas, bars, supplements, and so much more valued over $1,000!
Best Foods To Increase Milk Supply: Lactation Teas, Vitamins, Bars, and Oils
- Nursing Time Teas – I love drinking lactation teas when I remember to and especially when I am feeling like my supply is low!
- Breastfeeding Supplements – I recently tried out these breastfeeding supplements from Fairhaven. I have only been using them for about a week or so. I think I can tell a difference, especially as I have been traveling!
- Lactation Cookies
- Lactation Bars
- Lactation Smoothies
- Fennel and Basil Oils – I use the Young Living Fennel & Basil Oils, which can be applied directly to the nipple for help with milk production!
Best Foods To Increase Milk Supply: Meal Must-Haves
- Quinoa – Love pairing quinoa with my lunch or dinner
- Oatmeal – I try to eat oatmeal every morning when I can to help my supply
- Flaxseed – I add this into my oatmeal and smoothies whenever I can
- Spinach – I add this to salads, omelets, and smoothies
- Coconut Oil – I try to cook with coconut oil where it makes sense and I do add coconut oil to my oatmeal. Oatmeal + flaxseed + coconut oil is like a triple threat breakfast
- Brewers Yeast – This is in my cookie recipe below
Best Foods To Increase Milk Supply: Lactation No-Bake Cookie Recipe
These no bake lactation cookies are seriously SO DELICIOUS! If your are trying to stay away from gluten, dairy, and soy but want or need a boost in milk supply, try these lactation cookies! I have another recipe for lactation cookies HERE on the blog but these might be my favorite!
- 2 Cups Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut or Almond Milk
- 5 Cups Rolled Oats
- 6 TBS Brewer's Yeast
- 1 Cup Crushed Almonds
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Flaxseed (ground flaxseed meal)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Mix oats, brewers yeast, flaxseed and almonds in large bowl and set aside.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a pot and bring to rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add almond butter and vanilla.
- Mix well and add immediately to dry mixture.
- Mix all together immediately and spoon onto wax paper.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Freeze or leave in refrigerator to keep cool or leave out if you like them soft.
THE ULTIMATE BREASTFEEDING MUST HAVES GIVEAWAY!
This giveaway prize is valued at over $1,000! Mommas, this is so PERFECT if you are expecting or recently had a little one. You can see all the items featured in this giveaway above. To enter, complete the Rafflecopter Link below! If you are wanting a discount on a few of the products included:
- Get 10% off of all MOMCOZY items with code 10OFF now thru 3/31/19.
- Get a FREE Breastfeeding Starter Kit from KIINDE HERE!
SHOP the Best Foods to Increase Milk Supply Post:
Pin The Best Foods to Increase Milk Supply + No Bake Lactation Cookie Recipe Post For Later
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!