Everybody knows that working out is more fun with friends! These two made me want to jump for joy hanging out in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. We had the best time and now I wish we all lived in the same city. If you missed the start of our sugar detox challenge with Veronika’s Blushing, make sure you head back to read that post and enter to win a Kortni Jean Bathing Suit + Sequin Jewelry! And don’t forget to enter to win the IT Cosmetics giveaway while you’re at it!
Speaking of things that make me want to jump for joy, I found an AWESOME sale for you guys AND it includes some of the best athleisure brands. You know I’m basically your resident blogger expert on athleisure gear, right? I mean I do wear spandex about 90% of the time teaching Pure Barre. Ha!
Shopbop is having their huge event of the season! You can save 20% off on orders that are under $500 and 25% off orders that are over $500. If you’ve never shopped at Shopbop before, they have so many amazing designers all in the same place. A few times a year we can snag all of our favorite designer pieces on sale which typically a LOT of these brands don’t ever go on sale. YAY! Use promo code EVENT17.
My Favorite & Best Athleisure Brands:
- BeyondYoga: Out of all the brands of yoga pants I own, (and TRUST ME, it’s a lot!) these are the softest. I don’t think you can beat how soft their leggings are. I have BY pants and sports bras and love them. The best news about this brand is there are INCLUDED in the Shopbop sale! Currently crushing on this bra and these pants.
- Splits59: The hot pink tank I’m wearing in this shoot is from Splits. It’s about 3 years old and still looks vibrant as ever. I’ve also had SEVERAL pairs of their pants which tend to run long. The pants don’t hold up as well as I’d like on the inseams on your inner thigh but again, I wear mine hard and often so this may not be your experience. Not to mention, I’m REALLY picky about this and haven’t gotten new pants from them in a couple of years. You can shop the Splits59 items on sale here. I’m currently crushing on the Balance Tank.
- Athleta: The pants I’m wearing in this pic are from Athleta and I also have another funky pair in black and white + I’ve heard great things about their swimsuits too! I love that they usually run great sales and their items have held up well for me so far!
- Nike: I honestly don’t know how you have a list of athleisure clothes without including Nike. The age-old staple. I wear these Nikes for running around town, walks, and because I love the colors.Many times if I run though, I throw on my Brooks. These shoes are currently really hot. I’ve also got Nike sports bras, Converse shoes, and tons of their shorts.
- Onzie: We started selling this brand at Pure Barre not too long ago. I have one pair of leggings from them I LOVE that you’ve seen before all over my Instagram story and Snapchat because I wear them so much. They feel like liquid slipping into them and their mesh game is strong. I’m currently crushing on this sports bra and these fierce leggings. They’re a little bit different in that their sizing is S/M or M/L. I wear a size small/4 normally and get the S/M.
- SOLOW: We also started carrying this line at Pure Barre semi-recently and the fit can be a little odd. Every pant and top seems to fit slightly different. I’d recommend trying these on first if you can and if not, do somewhere with free returns. I have some moto black leggings from them in a small and love them! I even wear them with a tunic or piko top after class sometimes to dress up my athleisure look.
- Calia by Carrie Underwood: I fell in love with the Calia by Carrie Underwood line last year when I got two of her bathing suits at my local Dick’s. All her clothes look SO cute!
- Lululemon: I have Lululemon pieces that I bought when I FIRST started teaching Pure Barre 7 years ago that are still hanging in there. I don’t like how their pants pick up tons of lint and pet hair, etc but that’s one of the few drawbacks. They’ve had their up’s and down’s in the media but I do personally love our store and the employees here in the Birmingham store. I’ve got too many pieces from them to list, but one of my favorites is my Speed Racer short. If you don’t like your shorts too short or tight, I’d recommend sizing up.
I’ve linked up my favorite and the best athleisure brands and Shopbop sale picks below…some are just some awesome basics like frayed denim, too cute tops, and all things summer you may need. My pick I’m about to buy during this sale? This BEAUTIFUL shirt. I can’t get over how well it photographs on some of my friends that have it and it runs true to size plus you can throw it in the wash. I LOVE it for allllll summer long.
Use promo code EVENT17 when you shop at SHOPBOP to get your discount on anything on their website.
Shop the Best Athleisure Brands Below:
Don’t forget to visit my partners in crime for the Sugar Detox Challenge!
- Veronika is sharing her food diary from this week.
- Jess from Happily Hughes is sharing what you need to know about portion control.
- Laura from Walking in Memphis in High Heels is sharing her cardio workout you can do anywhere.
What do you think are the best athleisure brands? Do you know of one I need to learn about? And, what are you getting from the Shopbop sale? I can’t wait to see!
Free Pantry Staples List
Get the FREE Clean Eating Pantry Staples Printable List plus healthy living lifestyle tips from MyLifeWellLoved.com!